Realtek AC97 Audio
Speakers/Headphones:
Keyboard:
USB Root Hub
Mouse:
USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface:
Operating System:
Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.090206-1234)

my problem is that every time i try to run battlefield 2, spring, world of warcraft, or any source engine game, i get weird graphics glitches: http://www.xfire.com/screenshots/chaosdragoon/

has anyone ever seen this? It happens on multiple games and its really pissing me off.
yes my drivers are up to date.
yes i tried older drivers.
yes im administrator.
June 20, 2009 5:56:57 AM

Do you get the same results running with one vid card? the other by itself?

Trying to find the one that's having a memory issue.
June 20, 2009 9:18:01 AM

And you have what for a power supply??
Related resources
June 20, 2009 4:36:39 PM

IF your running those cards in SLI, like i think you are. Power down your PC. Open your case. Ground your self. and reseat the SLI bridge wire. If you dont know what it is, its the wire connecting the two cards. Something like this : http://www.hothardware.com/articleimages/Item1120/790i_... ( Meaning take it off and put it back on. Make it snug, not loose.) Then close up and try to see if any change. I had similar problems with my 8600gt SLI rig.
June 20, 2009 8:44:52 PM

i was running sli but then i just got rid of it because those graphics issues were getting annoying, but that still didnt fix my problem. Then i tried switching to different graphics cards which didnt work. So then i tried switching to a different brand of graphics cards, thinking it was nvidia. That did not work either. And for some reason if i have SLI on (i dont anymore its a pain in the butt) half of my other games do not work and get that graphics issue. But without SLI its only 3 or 4 games. Kinda wierd and im hating it.
June 21, 2009 12:17:11 AM

So it really can't be a vid card issue. PSU, mobo, or memory.

What psu are you using? Do you have another to swap in and test?

Can you pull out the second memory chip and run with 1GB, then with the other. Unlikely, but maybe a bad stick or mobo slot.

June 21, 2009 12:03:14 PM

It's your power supply. I had the exact same problem with my P4 system years ago. You need probably at least 650-700w power supply.
!