GTX 260 clock speeds are halved or worse

G

Hi there guys

I'm running a E8200 @ stock speed 2.67Ghz with Zalman 9500 Cooler
2gb Corsair Xms2 ddr2 800, Zotac gtx 260 synergy edition
250gb Seagate HD, 500watt Powerchannel Psu(budget)
Vista 32 with SP1

Okay well i upgraded to the gtx 260 from a 8800gt, however performance either stayed the same or dropped. I went through the usual process of error testing the cpu, ram and HD and passed error free. Also checked all the temps in idle and under load of the cpu and gpu and all were running quite cool. I even formatted and re-installed and still the same problem, and I tried several different drivers. After all that i rechecked Gpu-Z and my Gigabyte tuner5 and both reported my graphics cards core, shader and memory clocks sitting at 300, 601 and 200 as opposed to the proper 576, 1256 and 1998. Both 6pins are connected and i tested the voltages and power is definatley coming through but for some reason it just won't work normally.

Please if anyone has any ideas please let me know...I really don't wanna have to send this thing back

After all that i rechecked Gpu-Z and my Gigabyte tuner5 and both reported my graphics cards core, shader and memory clocks sitting at 300, 601 and 200 as opposed to the proper 576, 1256 and 1998.
The card downclocks itself as a power saving feature, relax, what you are seeing is normal.

G

yeah but it keeps them while gaming which is why i think my games are perfoming so badly