Regent Square

Distinguished
BANNED
Feb 20, 2011
Hello,

Recently my bro got a pc. His cpu is 2600K, oced to 3.9ghz. He went to bios and found thatIn the Bios setting, he found that VCCIO is set to 1.20000v as max voltage, but the system supports only 1.7000v, as it says in the bios. Current speed is at 1.205v. Same with my VCCSA, it set to 1.20000, bios limit is still 1.7000v max. Current work at 1.200v. Also, in the different tutorials, people did not touch those settings at all, because of the little overcklock. So, should he change those settings ot leave it as it is? I would really appreciate your help guys. Feel free to improve me, if I am wrong.

ortoklaz

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
VCCSA: More commonly known as System Agent Voltage. Intel’s maximum System Agent Voltage (Vccsa) is 0.971v and minimum is 0.879v. Stock is 0.925v. System Agent Voltage should NOT be touched, it is supposed to be a fixed voltage, and it powers many things that the VCC does not power. One of the most important is the Power Control Unit (PCU) which controls internal power allocation of the processor. This voltage is to be generated by a separate VRM than used for SVID

VCCIO: more commonly known at QPI/VTT voltage, this is the VTT voltage. Formally known as Processor Power for I/O it is the voltage for the integrated memory controller as well as the PCI-E controller. While Intel’s Maximum is 1.05 +/- 3% = 1.08v, you can go higher, much higher. I would recommend staying below 1.2v for 24/7 use, but depending on the quality of the IMC on your chip, I have seen 2133 MHz done on as little at 1.1v. I used 1.12v for overclocking my Dominator 1600 MHz to 1866 MHz, and it did it without any problems. Do realize that this voltage contributes heat as well to the whole thermal package.

Regent Square

Distinguished
BANNED
Feb 20, 2011
Thanks for explanation, I also see that CPU PL voltage is set to the 1.84375 and works at 1.873v. So, now i really need your help guys otherwise , my bro`s pc will die.
So, does anyone knows what the voltage for PLL should be and what does it mean(looked on google, did not find clear explanation.)

I really appreciate yor help,

RS

Regent Square

Distinguished
BANNED
Feb 20, 2011
My bro called the company which overcklocked the pc, they said that those voltages are ok and that If we will decrease them, the system will freeze.His system is deluxe p67 without sata issue; 2600K; xm3 corsair RAM, 1000w power supply corsair alsp and 2 drives. ssd plus hdd. So guys any ideas?

Thanks

Regent Square

Distinguished
BANNED
Feb 20, 2011
Did you touch vccio, vccsa and pll voltages? I mean that most of the people go with stock voltages to 5 ghz. Even asus did not tell any benefits from increasing them. I think that i will lower them down to stock and run prime 95. BTW, for how much is it recommended to run prime 95?

Thanks

I tried all the different voltages at higher settings, and none of them really made any difference -- I couldn't get any higher than 4.8GHz overclock. I run them at stock now, except CPU Voltage of course.

It's generally recommended to run Prime95 for 24 hours to test stability.

Regent Square

Distinguished
BANNED
Feb 20, 2011
Ok guys. I faced a bigger problem. I ran prime 95 for my new setting in the bios and what i got was that my computer shuted down after an hour of stress test. Well I thought, lets put the original setting that the company set. Same happened. PC shutted down after 2 hours. So guys, did i do something wrong or it is a pc itself does not function properly. BTW, the cpu voltage is set to manual mode; Auto.

Thank you for your help

Regent Square

Distinguished
BANNED
Feb 20, 2011
Oh, that is not good. The only thing they changed were those voltages. Most of the people who overcklock do not change them at all. I was suspicious about that. Thanks man. It is good that there are people who can always help!

Regent Square

Distinguished
BANNED
Feb 20, 2011
We called the company and they said that we have to uncheck the Automatically restart option and than run Prime95 until it Blue Screens. After that, google the Blue Screen error code. It will tell us what BIOS settings need to be adjusted for stability. So, just want to ask you guys, is it safe to do that?

Thank you

RS