Water cooled Rig to hot?

hi, just got my new i7 950 setup with water cooling
im clocked to 3.8ghz but im idleing at
64C
60C
61C
57C
and my cpu voltage is at 1.41v

when testing the cpu with 3dmark vantage the temps were
93c
90c
90c
86c

my rad is 240mm with push pull fans and is mounted in the bottom of my cooler master 690 ii advanced case
my water block is a Zalman ZM-WB5
and my pump is a Phobya DC12-220 Water Pump

i did have it clocked to 4.2ghz and it was a bit colder on idle at around 50 - 55 on each core but wasnt stable when pushed
10 answers Last reply
More about water cooled
  1. also i want higher on my overclock as 1.41v for 3.8ghz is a bit high
  2. "two things in life you should not scrimp on when it comes to cost
    1. water-cooling
    2. hookers"
  3. ortoklaz said:
    "two things in life you should not scrimp on when it comes to cost
    1. water-cooling
    2. hookers"

    Is there a sticky for that ?
  4. rbby258 said:
    also i want higher on my overclock as 1.41v for 3.8ghz is a bit high

    Here's a thought;
    Default settings
    Those are where you need to be, after you figure out you're cooling problem you can think about faster clocks.
  5. this was my first time in water cooling and i bought it with all my pc components so at the time it was alot. once it is sorted im selling it and buying a new rig and i will get better cooling for that :), what are the things i could try, thanks
  6. Quote:
    Default settings
    Those are where you need to be, after you figure out you're cooling problem you can think about faster clocks


    First step of troubleshooting: remove all unknown variables. Remove your OC's, benchmark your temps at stock speeds. 99% of the time, OC's are user-error and running less than optimal settings, including vCore, etc.

    I wouldn't own anything watercooling with 'Zalman' written on it...just my opinion. That pump looks mediocre...kind of like it could be a lower-end Jingway?
  7. ill have a look at it 2moz, i didnt flush my rad through and now my tubing has gone all milkey, im sure that makes it hotter if so i assume my fluid will be wrecked so ill have to just use distilled water im gunna do that 2moz and get back to you all, on my next system ill ask whats the best water cooling rig to buy as i dont wanna let my new 990x to get to hot
  8. rbby258 said:
    i didnt flush my rad through and now my tubing has gone all milkey


    I think you found your problem.
  9. ha yes i knew it was wrong but was to much effort to change its all done now and cleaned out with vinegar my temps are now
    40
    36
    39
    34
  10. Quote:
    ha yes i knew it was wrong but was to much effort to change its all done now and cleaned out with vinegar my temps are now


    Watercooling is not meant for the lazy...there are reasons that the sticky has 'flushing out your gear' added to it.
Ask a new question

Read More

Water Cooling Overclocking