Your question

Can't overclock my Intel Celeron 1.7 over 1.8 GHz

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Overclocking
  • Celeron
Last response: in Overclocking
April 22, 2011 8:40:21 AM

Hi guys, I've got a problem overclocking my Celeron. First of all, the BIOS doesn't support overclocking (it says "CPU Frequency/Voltage control" but there isn't any voltage selector, the CPU Ratio is 17x max (I can decrease it and decrease the frequency, but when I put 18x or more, the frequency stucks in 1.7 ghz), and the FSB only switches between 100 mhz and 133 mhz, I had previously set everything to "manual"). So I tried with CPUCooL software (it's the only one I know that supports the ICS952004 PLL) and it works well at 1.8 GHz, but when I try to get to the 1.9 appears a blue screen, so I turn the power off and restart, then the frequency sets to 1.7 ghz and it works all fine. Spread spectrum is disabled, so I think that the problem is the CPU voltage (the default value is 1.75 V, and it's actually on 1.6 V). I looked for any "voltage" option on all the BIOS menus and found nothing. Is there any way to raise my CPU's voltage with some software ? Remember, it must support my chipset and mobo :

Chipset: SiS651 Northbridge, SiS962L Southbridge.
Motherboard: MSI 651M Combo-L or MSI MS-6769.
CPU: Intel Celeron Williamette-128, 1.7 GHz (100 x 17) Socket 478.

Thanks for your help ! And sorry for my bad english, I'm from Argentina.

More about : overclock intel celeron ghz

April 23, 2011 3:58:24 PM

Why do you want to OC' your celeron CPU. You will get no performance improvement there. That CPU is not design for over-clocking, but 200 MHz will give you 2% performance improvement, and you risking burning your CPU.
m
l
!