numbers lock

the numbers lock function comes on automatically when I
startup...it's annoying to forget about this and type in a
password only to have it rejected...anyone know how does
one set back to the default of being off at startup ?
2 answers Last reply
More about numbers lock

    If I remember correctly you have to turn it off in the BIOS.

    "vince" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > the numbers lock function comes on automatically when I
    > startup...it's annoying to forget about this and type in a
    > password only to have it rejected...anyone know how does
    > one set back to the default of being off at startup ?

    Hi

    This method needs a manual edit of the Registry. Please ensure that you
    backup the Registry before editing it. Open the Registry Editor and
    navigate to

    HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Keyboard

    in the right hand pane double-click on

    InitialKeyboardIndicators

    and change the value to 0(zero). Please restart Windows.

    --

    Will Denny
    MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

    "vince" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | the numbers lock function comes on automatically when I
    | startup...it's annoying to forget about this and type in a
    | password only to have it rejected...anyone know how does
    | one set back to the default of being off at startup ?

Configuration Microsoft Windows XP