Sign in with
Your question

Maxtor one touch iii problems

Last response: in Storage
February 4, 2011 12:25:53 PM

Hello,
a c 277 G Storage
February 4, 2011 2:16:55 PM

Hi. Could you be a little more specific: what you are doing with said Maxtor drive, what used to work, what doesn't work now, what messages you get, if it still works with some other machine? You really didn't post enough info.
February 12, 2011 7:29:09 AM

Just i didn't use the maxtor onetouch iii for 2 days. And i didn't install any os on it or give a pressure to it. Just i copy or move some datas from pc to it from it to pc. So when i on it it gives some clicking sound and after 1 hour the computer detected that then after one hour it shows the first partition but when i open that it was taking tooooo long time to open to view the files. There were four partitions. So everyday when i used to open it it was giving the same. So i was really getting angry and sad of my data and this harddisk. So i opened it to manually put the harddisks to pc to save my data. But when i removed the covers etc.. I saw there were 2 disks. Each was 300 gb and my maxtor was 600 gb. So when i put these disks separately to pc there wasn't any partition it was deleted so i tried to recover but the recovery couldn't find any partition. The first disk was opened without problem but the second was giving clicking sound and there wasn't any partiton. even coumputer wasn't able to partition it the pc was giving error during partitioning so i didn't partition it. I put the disks back to the maxtor onetouch case and connect back to the pc now also it's giving clicking sound and can't be opened. Plzzzzz. helpppp
Thanks in advance
Related resources
February 19, 2011 2:48:49 PM

I didn't get any messages. And it doesn't work with any other machine and as usual I was just installing softwares from it or watching videos or copy,move something. And now the pc detects it but doesn't shows the partitions and gives clicking sound and i tried to recover the partitions but the recovery softwares are taking toooooooooooo much time so that's why i stop them. Yeah but once the test disk detected the first drive but when i chose the none....... but this option couldn't recover that drive. But after some days i tried to search again. But no luck even in none... mode.
Sorry about my bad english

thanks
March 1, 2011 5:27:08 AM

I didn't get any messages. And it doesn't work with any other machine and as usual I was just installing softwares from it or watching videos or copy,move something. And now the pc detects it but doesn't shows the partitions and gives clicking sound and i tried to recover the partitions but the recovery softwares are taking toooooooooooo much time so that's why i stop them. Yeah but once the test disk detected the first drive but when i chose the none....... but this option couldn't recover that drive. But after some days i tried to search again. But no luck even in none... mode.
Sorry about my bad english

thanks
April 10, 2012 2:18:34 AM

I have two Maxtor One Touch III 500 gb external USB/Firewire drives. One on MAC, one on Windows XP.

The XP Maxtor was having a connection problem. It was not being sensed by the USB or Firewire busses. It would continually blink, but was not addressable.

I exchanged the DVE DC converter, part number DSA-36W-12 30 B with my other, working, DC converter and
the drive came right up!

When the suspect DC converter was moved to the MAC system, the drive on the MAC would not mount.

I would suggest replacing the DC converter DSA-36W-12 30 B if you want to resurrect your external Maxtor One Touch III. I purchased a new one on ebay for $20.00 including shipping. Works great.
!