This Intel D865GVHZ Socket 478 mATX motherboard features an Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz processor with CPU cooling fan and 512 MB of DDR RAM all pre-installed! Need more memory? This versatile motherboard supports up to 4 GB of dual channel 266/333/400 MHz DDR SDRAM.
Key features include an Intel D865GV chipset, integrated video, integrated audio, and integrated Ethernet! There is plenty of room for expansion with three PCI slots, two 184-pin DIMM sockets, two IDE interfaces, two SATA connectors and a multitude of I/O ports for adding peripherals such as USB devices! Build your own dream machine, order your Intel D865GVHZ Socket 478 mATX motherboard kit today!
WARNING: The solder used in this product contains lead, a chemical known to the State of California to cause birth defects and other reproductive harm. Please wash hands after handling internal components and circuit boards and avoid inhalation of fumes if heating the solder.
* Motherboard Features:
* Intel Pentium 4 Socket 478 2.4 GHz CPU w/Heat Sink pre-installed
* 512 MB of DDR RAM pre-installed
* mATX form factor
* Socket 478
* Intel D865GV chipset consisting of:
o Intel 82865GV Graphics and Memory Controller Hub (GMCH) with Accelerated Hub Architecture (AHA) bus
o Intel 820801EB I/O Controller Hub (ICH5)
o 4 Mbit Firmware Hub (FWH)
* Integrated Intel Extreme Graphics 2
* Integrated Realtek audio codec (AC'97)
* Integrated Intel Pro 10/100 Ethernet (Intel 82502EZ)
* Supports up to 4 GB dual channel 266/333/400 MHz DDR SDRAM
* Two (2) IDE controllers with Ultra DMA-33 and ATA-66/100 support
* Two (2) SATA connectors
* One (1) Floppy controller
* 20-pin ATX power supply connector
* Expansion slots:
* Three (3) PCI slots
* Two (2) 184-pin DIMM sockets
* I/O ports:
* Two (2) PS/2 ports
* Eight (8) USB 2.0 ports (four rear, four via internal headers)
* One (1) Parallel port
* One (1) 9-pin Serial port
* One (1) 15-pin VGA port
* RJ-45 Ethernet port
* Mic in, Line in, Line out
* Intel/AMI BIOS
* 4 Mbit symmetrical flash memory
* Support for SMBIOS
* Power Management:
* Support for Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI)
* Suspend to RAM (STR)
* Wake on USB, PCI, RS-232, PS/2, LAN, and front panel
* Supported Processors:
* Intel Pentium 4 processor (2.2 GHz or higher) 400/533/800 MHz system bus
* Intel Celeron processor (2.0 GHz or higher) 400 MHz system bus
* Socket 478
* Regulatory Approvals:
* Intel D865GVHZ Socket 478 mATX Motherboard
* Intel Pentium 4 2.4GHz CPU
* CPU Heat sink & fan
* 512MB of DDR RAM
* Driver CD
* I/O shield
* Motherboard Model: D865GVHZ
* Product Requirements:
* mATX Case
* Power Supply
* Rest of System
So what p4 socket type board should I look for, if not 478 ? I mean, how are the newer ones ID'd ?
I have dealt with newegg and Geeks but not starmicro. Where are they located ?
and I Don't go for tying money up for 6 months in rebates...
I was looking at that mobo because processor & RAM already installed and for $35 more, could get the mATX case, power supply, fan & heatsink from same supplier. This is my 1st experience at building, so any guidance is really appreciated. All I can think about is turning it on , hearing pfffftttt, and smelling electrical ! !
As far as usage is concerned, I am not a gamer, just looking for speed while on the WEB and other Home small business usage.
But even this isn't all that great of a deal. The old P4 combo is only about $15 ~ $20 cheaper than you could get new components for. e.g.