My families are gone after installing University

I copied the files from sims2 before installing university. I would like
to play with the family from sims2, but when I go to Pleasantville my
families are gone. I have tried moving the files to my
documents\eagames\thesims2 their are 14 files
cameras
collections
config
downloads
logs
lotcatalog
movies
music
projects
savedsims
sc4terrains
storytelling
teleport
thumbnails

Is this the correct way to transfer files
4 answers Last reply
More about families installing university

    "Ron" <elvis@insightbb.com> wrote in message
    >I copied the files from sims2 before installing university. I would like
    > to play with the family from sims2, but when I go to Pleasantville my
    > families are gone. I have tried moving the files to my
    > documents\eagames\thesims2 their are 14 files
    > cameras
    > collections
    > config
    > downloads
    > logs
    > lotcatalog
    > movies
    > music
    > projects
    > savedsims
    > sc4terrains
    > storytelling
    > teleport
    > thumbnails
    >
    > Is this the correct way to transfer files

    Yep it gone what I have heard...install TS:U seperate path....plus need
    back up first....

    I moved all files from the mydocuments\eagames\thesims2, all the files
    are there, but I cannot get them to appear on the game.

    Wesley wrote:
    > "Ron" <elvis@insightbb.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>I copied the files from sims2 before installing university. I would like
    >>to play with the family from sims2, but when I go to Pleasantville my
    >>families are gone. I have tried moving the files to my
    >>documents\eagames\thesims2 their are 14 files
    >>cameras
    >>collections
    >>config
    >>downloads
    >>logs
    >>lotcatalog
    >>movies
    >>music
    >>projects
    >>savedsims
    >>sc4terrains
    >>storytelling
    >>teleport
    >>thumbnails
    >>
    >>Is this the correct way to transfer files
    >

    > Yep it gone what I have heard...install TS:U seperate path....plus need
    > back up first....

    When you update with University, it changes the games files so I think your
    straight Sims 2 files won't work with the expansion anyway. Try seeing if
    anyone at Mod the Sims 2 has any advice on this subject.

    http://forums.modthesims2.com/index.php?

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    On Sat, 14 May 2005 01:22:39 GMT, Ron <elvis@insightbb.com> wrote:

    >I copied the files from sims2 before installing university. I would like
    >to play with the family from sims2, but when I go to Pleasantville my
    >families are gone. I have tried moving the files to my
    >documents\eagames\thesims2 their are 14 files

    Maybe I misunderstand this, but it shouldn't be nessecary to move
    anything to the documents\eagames\thesims2 folder as that is where
    your saved games already are. The university install needs to modify
    your saved games files or they won't be university compatible.

    >cameras
    >collections
    >config
    >downloads
    >logs
    >lotcatalog
    >movies
    >music
    >projects
    >savedsims
    >sc4terrains
    >storytelling
    >teleport
    >thumbnails
    >
    >Is this the correct way to transfer files

    The list is certainly not correct as you've left out the neigborhoods
    folder and some other folders so it's not going to work.

Sims Games Video Games