im building a new pc for gaming and surfing the internet. can you please help me by helping choose a power supply unit that will be able to support all of these parts. and if you think i should change a certain part, please do so.
my rig would be something like this:
- cm haf 932
- intel s775 asus p5q deluxe
- ddr2 4GB kit 1066MB gskill c5
- intel core 2 duo e8500 or intel core 2 quad q9550
- gtx 260+ 896mb sparkle
- 4 x 3.5" sata 1tb 32mb samsung
- cpu cooler coolermaster v8
- blu-ray w & dvd-rw sony bwu200S 4x
- widescreen lcd monitor 24" asus
- sound card pci auzen x-plosion cinema
- 5.1 spk logitech z-5500d thx
(for the vga the website says it uses ddr3 type memory, but my motherboard and the ram im using only supports ddr2 ram)
question: can i still install the gtx 260 on my motherboard?
what power supply rating should i get and what brand should i trust if i want the power supply unit to last around 5 years?
The best of the best is Seasonic , Antec is very good power suply too. For you 550-600w is ok. The VGA memory don't have anything to do with the motherboard memory ....your VGA could have DDR5 like Ati 4870 or 4890 ...have no impact with your motherboard
I don't see a single Antec on their website... But they do have a very nice Seasonic m12 500W, 600W, 700W, and 850W... they do have some Xigmatek's and some thermaltakes, as well as some apevia's and some generic's.