Unlimited budget and high end gaming computer help.

clemsy

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Within the next one to two months.

BUDGET RANGE: Unlimited budget.

SYSTEM USAGE: High end gaming and other general usage (web browsing, media etc.)

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: 22' Monitor, mouse, keyboard, speakers and other computer peripherals.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: I'm not exactly sure since newegg.com does not ship to Australia right? But you can use newegg.com to list the parts I guess.

PARTS PREFERENCES: No preferences.

OVERCLOCKING: Yes, in the near future.

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Yes.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1680 x 1050

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I would prefer something with high cooling, noise is no issue.

Thank you.

Helloworld_98

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2009
unlimited budget but no new monitor?

If I had an unlimited budget I'd get a couple of 30" monitors and a couple of ASUS GTX 295 MARS, with an i7 975, the best water cooling I could find, 24GB of kingston 1600mhz memory, a few OCZ extreme's in RAID 0, and a couple of WD RE4 2TB drives. but then you'd need a xigmatek 1500w PSU and a case with really good cooling.

^ +1 ;lol;
But as it is unlimited, then why skimp on the RAM and OCZ SSD ?
Get the Corsair Dominator and intel SLC SSD in RAID 10 :p

And having a 22" monitor and giving unlimited budget, doesn't make sense at all...
Is that 22" LED monitor ?
Dont simply waste money on components, when you cannot use its full potential ...

mlcloud

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Intel-E series ssd's ftw >_>.

Honestly, I think this is suspicious. Unlimited budget, no concern for noise, low resolution monitor? Sounds a bit unreal.

dub

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2009
If I had an unlimited budget I'd pay someone else to do it for me. Save a lot of time researching/choosing parts.

allaun

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
I ACTUALLY have a unlimited budget. But I get 1, i repeat O-N-E chance at it. My friend and I made a deal over 5 years ago that when he finally got his settlement, he would buy me a computer that would exceed any current standards. So having someone chose those parts for me isn't a good idea. I am allowed this one chance to get a computer that will make my enemies weep in complete shame. And I have about 8 weeks to compile the list. So, while the OP might have been theoretical, I am actually being given the chance to do this. So, anyone have serious recommendations? I'm looking at a ASUS Mars quad sli setup, not sure what i should lean towards for a motherboard. I'm DEFINITELY going to get it water cooled. Because once the rig becomes mine, he will not replace any parts. Its my problem. I'm thinking of asking for a apple cinema display. I'd get two but that's just greedy. Probally going to fill the ram slots. Why not right? When I have the list and if it gets approved by him, I'll post pics. I mean, he said unlimited but I'm thinking he'll balk at a 15,000 dollar computer. :D OH and he's paying off my mortage, fixing my basement and redoing the carpets. In case your wondering why he's being so nice, he's dying. And has nothing to lose.

rakoth

Distinguished
May 16, 2008
Assuming this post is even real, it looks to me that you are just taking advantage of your friend's misfortune and charity. I think your "enemies" are weeping for a different reason...

mlcloud

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
allaun, if that post is fake, you're a ***.

Oh wait, even if it is real, you're still a ***.

Edit: WHAT IS THIS PG NONSENSE?! I CAN'T EVEN TALK ABOUT BRITISH CIGARS ANYMORE!?