True fta unscrambled satelites out there ?

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
August 21, 2005 1:36:56 AM

Is there a good sat to aim for with a dtv dish that would have any
somewhat interestign programming in the Northeast U.S. ?

Thanks
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 3:42:14 PM

Charlie wrote:
> Is there a good sat to aim for with a dtv dish that would have any
> somewhat interestign programming in the Northeast U.S. ?

No.
DTV (or DISH) can't pick up FTA signals, period.
Anonymous
August 21, 2005 4:47:07 PM

A dtv dish is only good for DTV or Dishnet. For true fta you will need a
different lnb{f} and slightly larger dish {such as an old primestar} 36" or
so.

"Charlie" <Charlie@myhouse.net> wrote in message
> Is there a good sat to aim for with a dtv dish that would have any
> somewhat interestign programming in the Northeast U.S. ?
>
> Thanks
Related resources
August 22, 2005 2:22:30 AM

Which LNB would one use ?
I also have a 36 inch that was used for store transmissions.
Wich sats would I aim for, for fta?
I have a pansat 2500a

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 12:47:07 GMT, "steelblu" <steelblu@neo.rr.com>
wrote:

>A dtv dish is only good for DTV or Dishnet. For true fta you will need a
>different lnb{f} and slightly larger dish {such as an old primestar} 36" or
>so.
>

>"Charlie" <Charlie@myhouse.net> wrote in message
>> Is there a good sat to aim for with a dtv dish that would have any
>> somewhat interestign programming in the Northeast U.S. ?
>>
>> Thanks

August 25, 2005 5:44:33 PM

What type of lnb with a 36 inch dish can be used ?
!