Task Manager and "Run"

June 22, 2004 6:02:25 PM

When I click on the Task Manager the screen pops up for
about 1 second and disappears. Also, when I click start,
and programs and Run - it also disappears. Have checked
for viruses and files are clean.
Thanks.

More about : task manager run

Anonymous
June 23, 2004 6:56:13 AM

Hi Terri,

Have you updated the anti-virus definitions? Because, the only possibility is the virus or any other malware

NOTE: If you want to run Task Manager, rename Taskmgr.exe to NewTaskmgr.exe and run it.

Or, download this tool and create duplicate copies of Taskmgr, msconfig and regedit.

Emergency Msconfig, Regedit, Task Manager
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_emerutils.htm

[ The following viruses terminate REGEDIT.EXE and TASKMGR.EXE processes]

W32.HLLW.Kefy:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data...

W32.HLLW.Cydog@mm:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data...

Backdoor.IRC.Yoink.A:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data...

Backdoor.Volac.dr:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data...

W32.Kwbot.R.Worm:
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.kwbot.r....

[The following viruses deletes Regedit.exe, Regedt32.exe, Msconfig.exe, Taskmgr.exe]

W32.Petch.B:
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.petch.b....

W32.HLLW.Maax.B@mm:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data...