Task Manager and "Run"

When I click on the Task Manager the screen pops up for
about 1 second and disappears. Also, when I click start,
and programs and Run - it also disappears. Have checked
for viruses and files are clean.
Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about task manager

    Hi Terri,

    Have you updated the anti-virus definitions? Because, the only possibility is the virus or any other malware

    NOTE: If you want to run Task Manager, rename Taskmgr.exe to NewTaskmgr.exe and run it.

    Or, download this tool and create duplicate copies of Taskmgr, msconfig and regedit.

    Emergency Msconfig, Regedit, Task Manager
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_emerutils.htm

    [ The following viruses terminate REGEDIT.EXE and TASKMGR.EXE processes]

    W32.HLLW.Kefy:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.hllw.kefy.html

    W32.HLLW.Cydog@mm:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.hllw.cydog@mm..html

    Backdoor.IRC.Yoink.A:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/backdoor.irc.yoink.a.html

    Backdoor.Volac.dr:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/backdoor.volac.dr..html

    W32.Kwbot.R.Worm:
    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.kwbot.r.worm.html

    [The following viruses deletes Regedit.exe, Regedt32.exe, Msconfig.exe, Taskmgr.exe]

    W32.Petch.B:
    http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.petch.b.html

    W32.HLLW.Maax.B@mm:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.hllw.maax.b@mm.html

    --
    Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    AumHa VSOP: http://www.aumha.org

    "Terri" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1fc8f01c4589c$3847f980$a301280a@phx.gbl...
    When I click on the Task Manager the screen pops up for
    about 1 second and disappears. Also, when I click start,
    and programs and Run - it also disappears. Have checked
    for viruses and files are clean.
    Thanks.

Configuration Microsoft Task Manager Windows XP