Best liquid cooler for AMD Phenom II X6

matits

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2011
I will list my build, but ultimately I am looking for a liquid cooling system for my rig. I am new to the thought of liquid cooling. I have read some about it through the years, but this is the first time that I feel I actually NEED liquid cooling. As such this is my fist actual endeavor, venturing blindly into into this one...

System Specs:
----------------
XCLIO A380COLOR Fully Black 1.0 mm SECC

AMD Phenom II X6

ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3
-ASUS ARES Radeon HD 5870 X2 4GB
-G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3 1333 PC3 10666 Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL

-Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 rpm
-WD Caviar Green 2TB 64MB/SATA-3G
-Kingston SSDNow V Series SNV125-S2/30GB 2.5" 30GB SATA II (SSD)

-Thermaltake TPG-750M Toughpower Grand GOLD
-ASUS Blu-ray Burner BW-12B1LT LightScribe Support

...and a few more bells and whistles and vinyl decals that add vanity petaflops (only kidding for those taking that bit serious).

It gets hot, and loud. The fan kicks on and off good speed quicker than Charlie Sheen at an Escobar after party.

I installed a Zalman skived copper mega fan. But it only helped, but still was a little on the frantic side when I cranked up the jams.

I have a lot of room siting in the case. It is a nice case. The drive bays towards the front look promising as all the drives are clear at the top, leaving quite a lofty bit of room towards the bottom that is all unused space that would allow a liquid containment vessel to squat snuggly on the ground so if leaks should occur, it shouldn't instantly nuke my setup.\

As far as anything else. I know nothing senior. Nada. So any help other than that is much appreciated.

What brand should work the best? I am not above or below modding the case at all. I have a soldering iron station and a rad Dremel that can turn in to about anything but the Terminator or Judge Dredd.

Where do I start? Where do you shop for you water cooler tech gadgets and gearage? It doesn't need to change colors or make coffee in the morning at 5 am sharp, but OC(able) is a major plus, and, low noise/temps is a must.

Pimp my rig.....errr, whatever it is that all the cool kids say these days.

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
Yeah, there is a ton of info in the sticky...and if you still have questions after reading it and all the links on all the pages they are linked to...then you have some legitimate questions. :)

But seriously, give it a good read and get a good grasp of what you are wanting to do, your budget and your expectations. Once you get those figured out, you are ready to start thinking and planning.

TRENDING THREADS