Asus Crosshair III Formula suitable RAM?

Kostas297

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
Hello everyone,

this would be my first post on these forums.

I'm currently building a gaming desktop PC that already has AMD 965 Black box edition combined with Asus Crosshair III Formula Motherboard.

I'm now looking to get a DUAL channel ram kit of 4gb (for now at least) but the Asus "Memory Support" pdf of the boardwon't give me many options.
I read on another thread here that DDR3 1333 with 7-7-7-20 timings is best for gaming, so i'm looking for one of those unless someone has a better suggestion.

Does anyone here have a kit like that working nicely on this motherboard?

Looking forward to your replies :)

Ps: I live in Greece so note that not every memory on the market is available here.

Kostas297

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009

The mushkin seem pretty good and i like the fact that they can provide 7-7-7-20. They don't seem available around here tho, i'll have to look a bit harder.
The Gskill on the other hand says "Dual Channel Intel Core i5 & Core i7 CPU for P55 motherboard" that worries me a bit :??:

Nothing to worry about, they are on the motherboards compatability list. You have to take into consideration that RAM manufacturers do not make ram just for one specific board. That same RAM works on many boards, not only the Crosshair III....

The Corsair XMS3 and Patriot 1333Mhz are also on the list as well...

Call Asus if you are still undecided on what ram to buy...Remember to download the most updated QVL list, ASUS has an old list that is not current with most 1333 and 1600Mhz modules..