quicksilver_

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009
hey forum, i installed my motherboard today and found something weird

it booted up and went to my OS.

after installing the needed drivers, i found everything was running smoothly.

shouldnt i be re-installing my OS right now?

i dont want to go through a heap of updates to be able to play Mw2 again.

shouldnt i be re-installing my OS right now?

Why? Reread your post carefully. Installed OS>Installed needed drivers>running smoothly>>>>>>>>reinstall OS now? Makes no sense.

quicksilver_

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2009

i heard from some friends that your system wont be stable -_-
just wanted to double check.
thank you!

Once the OS, system/MB drivers and OS updates are installed, load up your personal applications/games and you should be good to go. May have to tweak the BIOS setting to your liking, RAM spes etc., but no need to reinstall the OS at that point. 8)

4745454b

Titan
LOL Badge, he didn't say he installed the OS. Read carefully.

i installed my motherboard today and found something weird

it booted up and went to my OS.

after installing the needed drivers, i found everything was running smoothly.

As I've been trying to tell people on this forum for quite some time now you don't have to reinstall your OS if you go from one chipset to the same brand chipset. Seeing as your using what I assume to be a P5Q I'm guessing you used to use another Intel chipset. For example, if your last motherboard used the 975 chipset you don't have to reinstall your OS with your new P45 based board. It will boot because Intel uses the same harddrive controller in all its boards.

Sure you'll need to load the correct drivers for everything. You should have deleted them before you switched your board over to prevent any possible driver problems. If your current drivers are loaded and everything is good then enjoy your new system.

LOL Badge, he didn't say he installed the OS. Read carefully.

Quicksilver has me a little confused. I admit it. :)

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum2.php?config=tomshardwareus.inc&cat=30&post=266212&page=1&p=1&sondage=0&owntopic=1&trash=0&trash_post=0&print=0&numreponse=0&quote_only=0&new=0&nojs=0