Best graphics card for 1920 x 1200 resolution?

Dear Chaps, what is a sufficient graphics card to run games on 1920 x 1200 resolution at MAX SETTINGS and still have 60 - 75 FPS?

for example, at 1280 x 1024 a 9600 GT is AMAZING, i played it at my friends house, no matter what game we played, at this resolution and MAX settings, it was INCREDIBLE, no lag, nothing.

so, what is the equivalent but for HD resolution?

thnx.
18 answers Last reply
More about best graphics card 1920 1200 resolution
  1. There is no card out that's going to give you that many frames with all the settings maxed out at 1920x1200 in every single game. The only card that comes close to your comfort is the gtx295/4870x2. If you want mulitcard setup (sli/cf) 2-3 gtx285/2-3 4890. Remember you need l a fast processor and 4-8gb of ram.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130504 (gtx295)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150349 (4870x2)

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127403 (gtx285)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161276 (4890)

    Source: http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-295-review-bfg/
  2. invisik said:
    There is no card out that's going to give you that many frames with all the settings maxed out at 1920x1200 in every single game. The only card that comes close to your comfort is the gtx295/4870x2. If you want mulitcard setup (sli/cf) 2-3 gtx285/2-3 4890. Remember you need as well a fast processor and 4-8gb of ram.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130504 (gtx295)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150349 (4870x2)

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127403 (gtx285)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161276 (4890)



    Would 2 GTX 295's be enough, or are 3 necessary?
  3. and DAMN, there is that much of a difference between 1024 and 1080/1200?
    one 9600 GT to 2 or 3 GTX 295's?
    wow....
  4. Yes 2 gtx295 should do it for most games currently out, but it still will struggle in crysis 60-75 fps is just a bit too high for today's tech. Its achievable with a good overclock and other high end components.

    http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforce-gtx-295-quad-sli-gaming-test/9
    If you look at there setup they use high end cpu as well as ram.
  5. ***, i made a mistake up there, sry, i meant TWO GTX 285'S, not 295's.

    Would TWO GTX 285's be enough, or are THREE necessary?
  6. To tell you the truth 2 gtx275or 2 4890 should be plenty. You can max out most games at 1920x1200 but crysis; that's just one game. You still can play that game on very high with some aa. When you hit 40-50fps you really cant tell the difference so aiming for 60-75fps in every game is a bit pointless. Most monitors output 60fps.

    http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=1554
  7. haha - crysis is the exception, bro. ;)

    ok, TWO GTX 275's are enough for MOST games at MAX settings at HD resolutions, but TWO 280 or 285's to b safe. and 50 FPS is enough.

    alright, thnx alot, bro. cheers.
  8. I wouldnt recommend the gtx280 since there a bit overpriced and perform just a bit faster the then gtx275. Gtx275 or gtx285 would be the way to go.
    No problem best of luck. =]
  9. seerwan said:
    Dear Chaps, what is a sufficient graphics card to run games on 1920 x 1200 resolution at MAX SETTINGS and still have 60 - 75 FPS?

    for example, at 1280 x 1024 a 9600 GT is AMAZING, i played it at my friends house, no matter what game we played, at this resolution and MAX settings, it was INCREDIBLE, no lag, nothing.

    so, what is the equivalent but for HD resolution?

    thnx.


    well...not be a nudge but are you asking which card would be sufficient for 1920x1200 or for HD? Because 1920x1200 is not HD and there are 2 types of HD, there is "full HD" and "HD" for HD, you can play with a 20 dollar card buddy :) be more specific with you question so I can help.
  10. blackhawk1928 said:
    well...not be a nudge but are you asking which card would be sufficient for 1920x1200 or for HD? Because 1920x1200 is not HD and there are 2 types of HD, there is "full HD" and "HD" for HD, you can play with a 20 dollar card buddy :) be more specific with you question so I can help.


    Well, i want to play games at roughly 1920X1200 and, to my knowledge, that is HD; please correct me if im wrong. i want most games available to run at max settings with over 50 FPS.

    also, i plan to connect the PC to a 40 - 55 inch TV, that is the plan...

    btw, to my knowledge, 1920×1080 is Full HD...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1080p
  11. I am sorry to tell seerwan that the 9600GT doesn't get 60-70FPS is all games at 1280x1024. It does get very playable frame rates though. 2x GTX 260 212 Core Edition will get you playable frame rates maxed out in all but a few games like Crysis, Crysis Warhead and Stalker Clear Sky. 2x GTX 275 will give you the performance of a GTX 295 and will allow you to max out all games at 1920x1200. If you want to play at 720p I would go with a GTS 250 or 4850.

    1280x 720= 921,600
    1280x 1024= 1,310,720
    1920x1080= 2,073,600
    1920x1200= 2,304,00
  12. JD45093 said:
    I am sorry to tell seerwan that the 9600GT doesn't get 60-70FPS is all games at 1280x1024. It does get very playable frame rates though. 2x GTX 260 212 Core Edition will get you playable frame rates maxed out in all but a few games like Crysis, Crysis Warhead and Stalker Clear Sky. 2x GTX 275 will give you the performance of a GTX 295 and will allow you to max out all games at 1920x1200. If you want to play at 720p I would go with a GTS 250 or 4850.

    1280x 720= 921,600
    1280x 1024= 1,310,720
    1920x1080= 2,073,600
    1920x1200= 2,304,00


    i have no idea if it was getting 60 - 70 FPS, but it was smooth as butter; or as u say "very playable frame rates" lol.
    so, 2 GTX 275's... 2 b sure, one would go to 2 285's...
    NO, not 720, Full HD of 1080p...

    btw, in case any of u might know, would games run at FULL HD resolution if i connected them to a TV..?
  13. As long as the card that you purchase has a DVI to HDMI adapter and your HD TV has a HDMI input. You will also need a HDMI cable to connect them and then you should be fine. Most GTX 275s have a DVI to HDMI adapter.
  14. seerwan said:
    Well, i want to play games at roughly 1920X1200 and, to my knowledge, that is HD; please correct me if im wrong. i want most games available to run at max settings with over 50 FPS.

    also, i plan to connect the PC to a 40 - 55 inch TV, that is the plan...

    btw, to my knowledge, 1920×1080 is Full HD...

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1080p


    1920x1200 is over HD, 1080p is 1920x1080. On 1920x1200, you will need a GTX285 at least, possibly a lot more to play every game at max settings. Crysis can and most likely will bring the 285 to its knees in certain times during the game.
  15. blackhawk1928 said:
    1920x1200 is over HD, 1080p is 1920x1080. On 1920x1200, you will need a GTX285 at least, possibly a lot more to play every game at max settings. Crysis can and most likely will bring the 285 to its knees in certain times during the game.


    Remember he is talking about getting 2x GTX 285s and that is more powerful than one GTX 295 witch spits most games out at max settings at 1920x1080. I would also recommend getting 2x GTX 275s because they will give you almost as much power for a lot less money I know here in the US the GTX 285 is 60% more and you only get a minimal frame rate boost. I would checkout the difference between the 2 if I were you.
  16. Hey, im playing on a 1920x1080 monitor, its a HDTV, im running through HDMI, and i am looking for a card that will be QUIET, and still run WoW, and most lower graphical intensive games with great results, i was looking at the Saphire 4890 Vapor because they run very cool and quiet, any suggestions? (i have liquid cooling on my CPU and my 9800GTX is so damn loud i want it to go away)
  17. magruder13 said:
    Hey, im playing on a 1920x1080 monitor, its a HDTV, im running through HDMI, and i am looking for a card that will be QUIET, and still run WoW, and most lower graphical intensive games with great results, i was looking at the Saphire 4890 Vapor because they run very cool and quiet, any suggestions? (i have liquid cooling on my CPU and my 9800GTX is so damn loud i want it to go away)


    The Sapphire 4890 Vapor is definitely a quiet card and unless you are running something like Crysis on Very High settings it will run games at good frame rates. With that card if you are playing WoW it is a little over kill I would recommend a GTX 260/4870 because they will run all current games on High settings and give you acceptable frame rates. If you are looking for a quiet one I would go with the sapphire 4870 Vapor with 1GB GDDR5 because 2GB is a waste.
  18. Thanks alot JD, I think ima pick up a 260GTX because more games seem to be made for nvidia over ATI.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Resolution Graphics Product