Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Overclocking an AMD 1055T

Last response: in Overclocking
April 25, 2011 2:33:44 AM

I'm trying to OC the CPU as we speak, however I would like to clarify the settings of the BIOS.

The image I have attached is of the settings I have changed to OC to CPU to 3.5Ghz. Will this configuration work? Is there anything else I should change or add?

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/7143/img001772011042...

Upon following a tutorial online (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFGPJEIVPto&feature=rela...) it said to set the CPU NB Frequency to x7, but as you can clearly see on my image I have it at 1750Mhz, is that equivalent to x7? If you were to OC this CPU what would you have the NB CPU frequency at (in Mhz).

Also, should I mirror the tutorial and put x14 for the CPU Clock ratio or should I leave it at auto?

More about : overclocking amd 1055t

a b K Overclocking
April 25, 2011 2:49:51 AM

x7 NB is too low. 2000mhz is default. for a 3.5ghz overclock, you are looking around a 2200mhz northbridge.

1055T is locked multipliers, so put the ratio to the highest it can go and steadily raise front side bus.

Your CPU/HT is at 250, i think 200-230 would be good. HT doesn't really improve anything, it's all cpu frequency and northbridge that matters.

If you want a good general idea of what voltages/nb/ht should be at, look at this list.

Make sure you are looking under the "STABLE" Light Green Section.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25...
m
l
April 25, 2011 3:20:52 AM

trihedral said:
x7 NB is too low. 2000mhz is default. for a 3.5ghz overclock, you are looking around a 2200mhz northbridge.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3375/3296200220_355e1c017e.jpg?v=0

1055T is locked multipliers, so put the ratio to the highest it can go and steadily raise front side bus.

Your CPU/HT is at 250, i think 200-230 would be good. HT doesn't really improve anything, it's all cpu frequency and northbridge that matters.

If you want a good general idea of what voltages/nb/ht should be at, look at this list.

Make sure you are looking under the "STABLE" Light Green Section.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25...

Going by the graph you gave me, another user had the NB frequency at 2000Mhz (stable) for 3.5Ghz. Would you recommend that I use 2200MHz or 2000Mhz?

For now, I'm not going to touch the voltages, as most of the guides I've been following say it isn't necessary for this overclock.
I ran Prime95 for about half an hour and I reached about 55C on full load (without OCing, on stock settings) would you recommend continuing with the OC? (I asked several questions on various different forums, and they said that with the stock cooler I should be able to hit 3.5Ghz fine).
m
l
Related resources
a b K Overclocking
April 25, 2011 5:56:48 AM

with a stock cooler you should be able to hit 3.5Ghz as long as you don't go past the 60C area.

For me though, i don't like anything going over 55C on 100% full load. Should be fine since your cpu isn't always going to be at 100% load for hours on end. Running Prime for half an hour doesn't exactly give you the Max Temperature.

I ran a 1090T @ 4Ghz 1.48V 2600mhz NB Volt 1.21 for 8 hours, it went from 45C max to 48C on it's 4th hour, so running it for half an hour only gives you a general idea.

But yeah, if you can hit 3.5ghz fine, that would be sweet on stock voltage. i actually hit 3.8ghz stock voltage on a X4 955.

You might want to get a cheap good cpu cooler if you ever plan to shoot over that area, like a hyper 212+. If it doesn't run stable for you, increase the cpu vcore a little.

Good luck Mikey.
m
l
April 25, 2011 8:43:15 AM

*I sent this to you as a message, but I feel you may see it better if I posted it*

Going by the graph you gave me, another user had the NB frequency at 2000Mhz (stable) for 3.5Ghz. Would you recommend that I use 2200MHz or 2000Mhz?

I tried the overclock using 2250MHz, everything seemed stable and I monitored the temperatures (stock settings, idled around 38C, with the OC it idled around 42C). I however, broke under pressure and decided to revert back to stock settings.

I'm rather clueless, so if you could give me a better idea I'd appreciate it.

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/7143/img001772011042...

Should, I leave CPU Ratio @ 14, or increase it? Is my DRAM Frequency set correctly @ 1333MHz (I'm running 4GB Kingston RAM @ 1333MHz)? And finally, If I were to change the CPU VB frequency from 1750Mhz to 2250Mhz would that be fine?

Please refer to my image, if you're not sure what I'm referring to.

Oh and how many hours (once I OC) should I run Prime95 for (what temperatures should I be looking out for)?

Thanks so much!
m
l

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
April 25, 2011 9:04:38 AM

well since you're clueless, this pretty much gives you the essence of everything.

http://www.techreaction.net/forums/showthread.php?t=367

& Stable hexacore overclocks: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25...

I actually thought i had given you more information, perhaps it was for someone else. 2000mhz should be your stock, 2200mhz would be better since the NB is higher and it controls how fast ram is used in its connection to the CPU.
The higher, the better. The list shows you, for example, at 4Ghz, 2600mhz NB should be sufficient without bottle-necking.

If your CPU was at 4ghz and NB was at stock 2000mhz for example, the cpu would be too fast paced for it's slow friend, the northbridge which is what we call bottleneck.

Since your Ratio(multiplier) doesn't go any further, continue on with overclocking using the FSB. just make sure the RAM does not exceed your support ram speed and timings.

make sure you disable C1E and AMD Cool & Quiet for stability before you use those features.

If you can go beyond CPU Ratio x14, it's safe to say, it would be more of a simple overclock. each x1 is about 200mhz up of the cpu. It's easier overclocking with multiplier because that way it does not change the ram, HT-Link, and northbridge frequency. Those three you most likely want to be unlinked from the CPU speed so less things go wrong and you are more in control.

Oh by the way, don't worry too much :D . 2250mhz should be fine with stock voltage, i believe mine goes up to 2600mhz on stock cpu=nb voltage 24hr stable.

Also, to make you feel less scared to raise the Northbridge, i have NB @ 3000mhz, CPU @ 4000Mhz NB @ 1.305v Again, 24hr stable, here's a quick 2hr just to show.

Run Prime for 3 Hours or so.

Once everything is stable and you are sure of the cpu & nb frequency you'd like to stay at, run it for about 8 hours. Just Make sure you watch the temperatures.
April 25, 2011 9:52:48 AM

trihedral said:
well since you're clueless, this pretty much gives you the essence of everything.

http://www.techreaction.net/forums/showthread.php?t=367

& Stable hexacore overclocks: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25...

I actually thought i had given you more information, perhaps it was for someone else. 2000mhz should be your stock, 2200mhz would be better since the NB is higher and it controls how fast ram is used in its connection to the CPU.
The higher, the better. The list shows you, for example, at 4Ghz, 2600mhz NB should be sufficient without bottle-necking.

If your CPU was at 4ghz and NB was at stock 2000mhz for example, the cpu would be too fast paced for it's slow friend, the northbridge which is what we call bottleneck.

Since your Ratio(multiplier) doesn't go any further, continue on with overclocking using the FSB. just make sure the RAM does not exceed your support ram speed and timings.

make sure you disable C1E and AMD Cool & Quiet for stability before you use those features.

If you can go beyond CPU Ratio x14, it's safe to say, it would be more of a simple overclock. each x1 is about 200mhz up of the cpu. It's easier overclocking with multiplier because that way it does not change the ram, HT-Link, and northbridge frequency. Those three you most likely want to be unlinked from the CPU speed so less things go wrong and you are more in control.

Oh by the way, don't worry too much :D . 2250mhz should be fine with stock voltage, i believe mine goes up to 2600mhz on stock cpu=nb voltage 24hr stable.

Also, to make you feel less scared to raise the Northbridge, i have NB @ 3000mhz, CPU @ 4000Mhz NB @ 1.305v Again, 24hr stable, here's a quick 2hr just to show.

Run Prime for 3 Hours or so.

Once everything is stable and you are sure of the cpu & nb frequency you'd like to stay at, run it for about 8 hours. Just Make sure you watch the temperatures.

I went ahead with the OC and I'm idling at 45C (going down to about 43C). I ran the Prime95 test and within minutes the temperature exceeded that of 62C. I decided to stop the test, as I don't want to cause any damage. With that being said should I revert back to stock settings?

Those are my current settings.
m
l
a b K Overclocking
April 26, 2011 6:23:32 AM

3400-3500 should be good.

try to make vcore under 1.368 and see if it's stable. if that volt(1.368) is the only stable volt you can get for the "3400-3500" region, then i advise you not to overclock it.

perhaps 3200 won't run load over 55C or 60C. it's up to you to find how low of a voltage you can get the core to use at the highest frequency you want it. You should really put in $30 for a cpu cooler.

since you are stopping the prime test because it goes to 62C, you probably don't know whether or not it's stable atm. go for a lighter overclock, where 55C is the max it will go.
m
l
a c 139 à CPUs
a c 242 K Overclocking
April 27, 2011 6:42:09 AM

@Mikey J :
If you want to maintain stable OC 3.5GHz and do not need to change anything just raise the FSB and set the auto to manual + vCore 00:25 you will be running at 1.37v.

and if you oc over 3.5GHz you will need to change any other settings in the motherboard, disabled Power Now (C1E or Cool n Quite) smart auto bios disabled, disabled spread spectrum, and try to keep NB at position 2000 and then add to taste with maximum 1.65v VDIM
m
l
May 7, 2011 10:27:02 AM

Best answer selected by MikeyJ.
m
l
!