I need a heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.

4745454b

Titan
I'm looking at getting a S1156 in the next few weeks. I've already bought some ram for it, and I hope to get a HSF for it this paycheck, as well as setting some $$$ aside for the board and CPU. My problem is I have no idea what HSF to use on a S1156. Does the Hyper 212+ fit that socket? Is there something better that I should use? I'm not concerned about the OCing potential, more worried about price/performance.

Solution
Hi.

Yeah, the Hyper 212+ support SB but if you want get the max overclock in air with that CPU, get something better like Thermalright Archon. But for price/performance, the Hyper 212+ is the option.

4745454b

Titan
1155 and 1156 have the same mounting pattern I think I read somewhere.

I don't OC. A sin I know as I'm currently using an X38 board and an E6600 cooled by a Hyper 212+ and its all stock. This setup has enough power to keep me happy. Even my 5750 is enough for me to max out TF2 on 32man servers at 1680x1050. I don't play Crysis or metro so I dont' see the need for anything better.

I'm open to other ideas. Browsing on newegg I saw the Corsair A50? One review I read showed it to be great, while another it was total junk. Any other ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.