Core i7-860 processor
8 gig Corsair memory CMD4GX3M2A1600C8
XFX HD575X Radeon Video in the pci e x16 slot
Highpoint rocketRaid 4320 Raid controller in the pci e x8 slot
Latest Available BIOS
7 Western Digital Scorpio Black WD1600BEKT HHDs
Raid 5 Array
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

the issue is this, the computer fails to cold or warm boot approximately 3 out of 5 times. There is a beep code of 2 long beeps repeated twice then the system locks. other times the boot goes forward with no problems. I've been able to get the Operating System installed and to work with it. the system will either freeze or reboot after 1 to up to 30 minutes without freezing. then, either you have to force reboot the system or it will reboot on its own. there has never been a windows bluescreen nor are there any indications from the Event Viewer other than "Unexpected Shutdown". the USB system is sometimes "glitchey". Intel assures me that there are no prohibitions against running a video card in the x16 slot and an x8 non-video card in the x8 slot.
when running the system is fast. i'm using it now, however i'm suprszed that it's still running as i type this. any help would be appreciated.

Updated Information:

Intel DP55WG motherboard
Latest available BIOS
Core i7-860 processor
8 gig Corsair memory CMD4GX3M2A1600C8
PNY 9800 GT EE video card installed 11-25-09
Highpoint rocketRaid 4320 Raid controller in the pci e x8 slot
Latest Available BIOS
7 Western Digital Scorpio Black WD1600BEKT HHDs
Raid 5 Array
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

This setup is functioning better with the PNY video card installed. The Boot/Post issue has cleared up. I've completely reinstalled Win 7. I've run MemTest86+ for 7 plus hours (8 iterations) and have found no memory errors to report. I'm still experiencing some OS Freezing and Reboots. The most common issue has been mouse movement freezing. increasing the PCI latency timing from 32 (default) to 128 has helped some. I've experimentally changed other BIOS Settings with no apparent effect on the issue. I'm still looking for help ...

More about : dp55wg problems

November 27, 2009 12:52:04 AM

Just came across your post. While Google for Bios beep code issues This 2 long beeps should be memory parity error. So I think you can change your corsair memory to try it.
November 27, 2009 10:43:59 AM

Hi Peggy
thanks for responding, in the Intel publication: DP55WG Technical Product Specification [PDF] File Name: DP55WG_TechProdSpec.pdf Date: September, 2009, on page 69 is the beep code chart i'm using. it seems to deviate from the standard beep code scheme. i have found the same info as you mentioned using google. but given that the intel document is for this specific board i believe i will follow it.
December 9, 2009 5:47:24 AM

Hello,

I found the Intel publication: DP55WG Technical Product Specification [PDF] on page 69 is the beep code to explain is Video error.
I think it should be Video card and motherboard compatibility issues.
Therefore, I suggest you can try to move the HD575X to a different PCIe slot or change another Video card to try it.

Good luck. :D 
!