SSD Data Intigrity Scan

interfaceman

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
HI,

I have a 5 month old Intel X-25M 80 GB SSD. It is running great. I have 33.4GB free space. When I run weekly full diagnostic test for Data Intigrity Scan, it writes (Intel Integrity File each 3.1GB size to the drive. Around 70% of completion, my SSD shows RED and almost out of space. Once scan is completed, it deletes the file.

My question is what is goin gto happen when my SSD is almost full ?
Where it will write integrity file ?
Should I be concened ?
Can I configure my second drive to write those file ?

I will apprecaite if anyone experienced this and provide advice.

Regards,

interfaceman

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2010
I have my Win7 and all other programs. Do you want me to format the drive and re-install everything ?? I have TRIM, AHCI is enabled. Is this ccleaner only option ? Please let me know.

Thnak You.

pete2287

Honorable
Mar 22, 2013

I know this post is old, but the Intel SSD Tool Box app writes to the free space of a SSD and then deletes it so it can test the drives LBA. Here is text copied out of the tool...
Tests the read and write functionality of an Intel SSD. Read Scan checks every Logical Block Address (LBA) for a hard error. Data Integrity uses the free capacity of the SSD to write random data and then verify the data. Other Toolbox features may be accessed while the scan is running, but no other features may be started.