Hi,
When I try to run "devmgmt.msc" from the run command I
get mmc error "mmc requires internet explorer 5.5 or
greater to be installed" and when I press ok it
disapears. Basically I cannot access Device manager to
check the hardware or to access to registry..

Thanks for your help!
Regards,
H.

Go to C:\Windows\System32 Folder. Scroll down to devmgmt.msc and see if
it opens from there.