Dammit!! Help anyone? EVGA x58 FAIL

Gekko Shadow

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
Hey guys, been a while since i posted on tom's - hopefully some of you may help.

I was messing on some OC's from my build (info should be in my sig, but just in case:)

*EVGA X58 Classified 3 *AX1200w Corsair PSU
*Intel i7 920 Oc\'d @ 4.3Ghz *G.Skill 6Gb @ 2200Mhz
*Corsair F60 60GB w/Windows 7Ultimate 64bit.
*WD Green 4 x 1.5TB (6TB) RAID 10 (3TB) (Backup & Storage)
*Modded HAF 920

I had my 6TB set up in RAID10 - wonderful speeds all is well - but i decided to try to push the 4.3Ghz mark and go for 4.5ghz. Well 4.4ghz worked well, but 4.5ghz failed. Oh well, right? So i just load up an old profile from my bios - and wouldn't you know my Raid set up is thrown out of wack! It ain't showing up no more when i boot up. So i reset the bios and go back into the Bios and change the mode to RAID. So up comes up the raid controller menu - and it shows that 3 of my drives are "Non-RAID". AHH! What the hell, right? Only one shows up as a RAID drive (member "0"). I mean you reset the bios, set up RAID and it should pick up te RAID again, right? :p

So has anyone had this problem, or anyone have any idea how this might be fixed? I'm pretty ticked off @ the idea that i just lost about 2TB worth of data...if anyone has some ideas, or info - PLEASE let me know? Thanks! :I

Solution
I've had some issues with RAID (on my EVGA mobo) and I'll probably be going back to single drives with mirrors in the future (once I can get a 4TB drive to back everything up).

I had a 3 drive RAID 5 setup and only two were recognized after I disconnected then reconnected one. I ended up reassigning my 3rd drive and it rebuilt the array--so, technically, I lost my data. I dunno about changing settings in the RAID controller menu, just because it might fix it to reassign or it might erase.

Assuming you had it as 0 & 1, 2 & 3 RAID 1, and 01 & 23 RAID 0, you should be able to assign disk 1 as a mirror to disk 0 and disks 2 & 3 as mirrors of eachother without losing data. But it might erase everything on 1, 2, &3.
I've had some issues with RAID (on my EVGA mobo) and I'll probably be going back to single drives with mirrors in the future (once I can get a 4TB drive to back everything up).

I had a 3 drive RAID 5 setup and only two were recognized after I disconnected then reconnected one. I ended up reassigning my 3rd drive and it rebuilt the array--so, technically, I lost my data. I dunno about changing settings in the RAID controller menu, just because it might fix it to reassign or it might erase.

Assuming you had it as 0 & 1, 2 & 3 RAID 1, and 01 & 23 RAID 0, you should be able to assign disk 1 as a mirror to disk 0 and disks 2 & 3 as mirrors of eachother without losing data. But it might erase everything on 1, 2, &3.

Solution

Gekko Shadow

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010

Yeah, i couldn't figure it out - i tried mirroring, but didn't work so i just wiped it all and made the array again from scratch. I backed up about 85% of the data on another system so the loss isn't too bad lol, but i appreciate the help!

I think i'm going to build another set up for just such occasions xD thanks! :)