Supplimental graphics card or disable ati radeon hd 3200 on mobo?

I have a HP a6755f with the ati radeon hd 3200 onboard graphics chipset. works ok, great value!
I wanted to play some crysis and other fps, and was trying to decide when upgrading the graphics card, if i would be better to get a second ati radeon hd 3200 style card and run them in paralell or to buy a high end card?
buget is a factor (hence no real gaming rig) just trying to make the best of what I have.
Any advice would be massivly appreciated! :)
Jon
4 answers Last reply
More about supplimental graphics card disable radeon 3200 mobo
  1. sorry i gues i should add...
    the computer uses as far as I can tell;

AMD phenom 9550 quad core running at 2.20 GHz
    6 GIG RAM
    Vista 64Bit. (awful, waiting on 7, but it wont download for one reason or another...)
    ATI Radeon HD 3200 (as per driver, on device manager)
    my display is a single VX2245wm running at 1680x1050 32bit colour and 59Hz refresh. It is something I will not be changing anytime soon.
  2. Any mid range card (gts250 or 4850 range) will run circles around 3200 hybrid. Just get the most powerful card you can afford. Forget about the onboard.
  3. I would dump the onboard graphics and go for a Radeon 4850 or something comparable. Even if you had a cheap card that could run hybrid graphics with the onboard video, a mid range card would blow it away.
  4. woodenkayaker said:
    sorry i gues i should add...
    the computer uses as far as I can tell;

AMD phenom 9550 quad core running at 2.20 GHz
    6 GIG RAM
    Vista 64Bit. (awful, waiting on 7, but it wont download for one reason or another...)
    ATI Radeon HD 3200 (as per driver, on device manager)
    my display is a single VX2245wm running at 1680x1050 32bit colour and 59Hz refresh. It is something I will not be changing anytime soon.

Hybrid crossfire is a failure, you can get better performance with another card for less money.

That CPU will hold you back a good bit so I wouldn't consider anything over a 4850 without an upgrade.

As for Vista, look up ways to customize it because with a little time and patience I am fully confident that you can get it to the point where you can enjoy it, if not prefer it over XP. I have done that with many people.
Ask a new question

Read More

ATI Graphics Radeon Graphics Cards HD HP Pavilion