Need help on msi890gxm-g65 windows 7 x64 boot up

esqland

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
on initial install of windows 7 x64 everything works fine. finds the net ok and downloads possible. Now comes the major problem. On reboot it will not get through the process and leaves you in limbo. no start orb or task bar or tray

I would really like to find a solution to this problem.

Thanks Horace Carpenter car1ho@yahoo.com

Try formatting and re-loading. Maybe something failed on install.

Is this ddr2? Also try making sure your memory is getting the correct voltage. If you have 2v ram and it's set at 1.8v it can cause all kinds of problems. I've seen where Windows would not even install because of this, I've seen machines that run perfect but won't do a backup because of this. I've seen incorrect memory voltage cause all kinds of issues.

esqland

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011

1.5 v ddr3. I have tried many reloads. Have tried different versions of windows 7. same problem.

esqland

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011

Good news You are correct but reason is kind of strange. A second hd that was only used as a file directory somehow picked up an os and it looks like system is getting confused somehow because of this operating system on 2nd hd. It look like i fooled myself by not considering the 2nd drive as a possible problem. Thanks for you answer and time involved. I must have hundreds of frustrating hours trying to solve this one.

The next small problem is to get files off and reformat it. Think i have that one under control.

Thanks again

esqland

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011

Good news You are correct but reason is kind of strange. A second hd that was only used as a file directory somehow picked up an os and it looks like system is getting confused somehow because of this operating system on 2nd hd. It look like i fooled myself by not considering the 2nd drive as a possible problem. Thanks for you answer and time involved. I must have hundreds of frustrating hours trying to solve this one.

The next small problem is to get files off and reformat it. Think i have that one under control.

Thanks again