Green dots

I recently purchased a new system (see specs below). I intially tried to run 1680x1050 but found that my monitor would not support a high enough refresh rate to stop the black flickering. I therefore turned it down to 1440x900 which gets much less flicker and get run at 75hz. However at this resolution I get green flashing dots along certain objects on the Desktop and in games. The dots are grouped, each is a pixel and it usually occurs on light green/yellow coloured objects.

I have updated my drivers, my GPU is running at a cool temp and they are not dead pixels.

Vista Home 64
Nvida GTX 285 1G
8 Gig Ram
i7 920 CPU
22 Inch Monitor

Can anyone help?

Many Thanks,

Rob.
4 answers Last reply
More about green dots
  1. Hi Gecko, welcome!

Perhaps you can try another display with your system, to see if those green dots are specific to your display, or your video card?
  2. i have this problem as well, they wherent there when i initially installed windows 7 so i might try re-installing windows 7 and see if that fix's it. not sure why they started to appear
  3. Is this a CRT or flat panel?
    Either way: Check the cables are the correct type and fully connected and take a look at the Nvidia control panel and check your display is correctly configured in the drivers.
  4. Make sure the cables don't have any damaged pins.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Green Graphics