Your question
Solved

Tubing and fittings recommendation

Tags:
  • Water Cooling
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
April 28, 2011 8:11:27 AM

i have decided to go with water cooling, but i am new ta that subject, I have selected a radiator, a cpu waterblock, an additive and a pump/reservoir. Although i don't know which size of tubing is what i want and also i have no idea about the fittings and all the other small accessories my watercooling needs to be complete.
I have a CM-690 II Advanced
i7 920
DFI DK T3h6
Corsair tx v2 850w
and i have select the:
XSPC X2O 750 Dual 5.25” Bay Reservoir Pump
Black Ice GT Stealth 280 Radiator - Black
Feser One Non Conductive Cooling Fluid - 1000 ml - UV Acid Green (F1-0033)
Danger Den MC-TDX Liquid Cooling Block - Socket LGA 1156 / 1366 ( i3 / i5 / i7)
and also the tubing must be without color so the liquid color can be seen.
and i also think about pouting water to other staff like chipset, vga and ram.

Thank you,

More about : tubing fittings recommendation

April 28, 2011 8:24:05 AM

well I'll go with destilled water and uv reactive tubing which will be green but with fittings I DON'T KNOW...
m
l

Best solution

a b K Overclocking
April 28, 2011 8:26:14 AM

If you want color in your loop, get colored tubing. That cooling fluid (any colored cooling fluid really) may separate and clog up your block. The best coolant you can use is plain old distilled water. Add a silver killcoil to kill any critters that might otherwise grow in the loop.

I'd suggest either 3/8" ID 5/8" OD tubing or 1/2" ID 3/4" OD tubing. Compression fittings of the appropriate size work well, but are more expensive than plain barbs.

Also, that radiator has a high FPI (fin per inch) count, so it requires powerful high-flow (and generally very noisy) fans to get maximum performance. If you want to use lower-speed silent fans, you'll need to look for a different radiator with lower FPI count.
Related resources
April 28, 2011 8:46:16 AM

what about PrimoChill PrimoFlex PRO LRT Tubing 7/16"ID 5/8" OD with 3/32" Wall - UV Green
m
l
April 28, 2011 8:50:43 AM

and how many feet of tubing are necessary for my case?
[only cpu W/Cooling]
m
l
April 28, 2011 9:02:54 AM

also EK Supreme LT Intel CPU Liquid Cooling Block - Acetal (Sockets 775 / 1366) is efficient enough ?
m
l
April 29, 2011 1:48:13 PM

Best answer selected by hektor_dar.
m
l
a c 334 K Overclocking
May 2, 2011 1:55:36 PM

Someone just made a fly-by-night decision on watercooling without doing their own research.

@OP- the sticky covers just about everything you need to know (meaning- all the questions you asked here are covered in that thread).

You might want to get some concepts under your belt so that you have a good idea of what you are needing to do as you move forward with this project. Simply asking complete strangers what to spend a few $100 in hardware on is one thing...you need to know what to do with it when you get it and what to do if you cut corners and something goes wrong.

m
l
May 2, 2011 7:10:59 PM

rubix_1011 said:
Someone just made a fly-by-night decision on watercooling without doing their own research.

@OP- the sticky covers just about everything you need to know (meaning- all the questions you asked here are covered in that thread).

You might want to get some concepts under your belt so that you have a good idea of what you are needing to do as you move forward with this project. Simply asking complete strangers what to spend a few $100 in hardware on is one thing...you need to know what to do with it when you get it and what to do if you cut corners and something goes wrong.

what exactly do you mean by that ?
m
l
a c 334 K Overclocking
May 2, 2011 7:19:04 PM

I was meaning that you originally posted with your first post that you had no idea what you needed for anything and within a day, you had all the info you needed. Most people spend quite a while learning what they need in order to evaluate and plan a watercooling loop. We are glad to help, but just asking for an answer doesn't help you understand what you are needing in order to make the best decisions for your specific loop.

Just make sure you have a solid grasp of what you need, how your delta is going to look for the components you've chosen, etc. Both ortoklaz and Leaps are good sources of info...but make sure you also understand as well...after all, it is YOUR water loop and hardware. Make sure it's exactly what you want and in the budget/performance you want.
m
l
May 4, 2011 8:07:49 AM

rubix_1011 said:
I was meaning that you originally posted with your first post that you had no idea what you needed for anything and within a day, you had all the info you needed. Most people spend quite a while learning what they need in order to evaluate and plan a watercooling loop. We are glad to help, but just asking for an answer doesn't help you understand what you are needing in order to make the best decisions for your specific loop.

Just make sure you have a solid grasp of what you need, how your delta is going to look for the components you've chosen, etc. Both ortoklaz and Leaps are good sources of info...but make sure you also understand as well...after all, it is YOUR water loop and hardware. Make sure it's exactly what you want and in the budget/performance you want.

thanks about the information and just so you know i have chosen going with the XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 Universal CPU Water Cooling Kit with ultra pure water and 3/8" ID (1/2"OD) Anti-Kink Tubing - UV Acid Green. I also will put an Antimicrobial Silver.
someday i will change the radiator and the waterblock and also add more blocks like vga and mosfet.

I ask here so i have more opinions and not follow them by heart in order to finally decide what I want.
m
l
May 4, 2011 8:20:03 AM

i am not speaking hironicaly..
m
l
a c 334 K Overclocking
May 4, 2011 1:44:28 PM

You don't need to watercool MOSFETs, RAM, or your south bridge. Northbridge...eh...its a matter of choice. It won't necessarily get you anything but may help depending on the motherboard you are running and your overclocks.

If you add your GPU later on, you are going to need an additional radiator as well.
m
l
May 4, 2011 7:14:08 PM

rubix_1011 said:
You don't need to watercool MOSFETs, RAM, or your south bridge. Northbridge...eh...its a matter of choice. It won't necessarily get you anything but may help depending on the motherboard you are running and your overclocks.

If you add your GPU later on, you are going to need an additional radiator as well.

thanks and what about the xspc rasa kit?
m
l
a c 334 K Overclocking
May 4, 2011 7:32:20 PM

It's a good starter kit. Some people have had kits with pump issues that were part of an impeller imperfection in a mold that was corrected. A very high percentage haven't had an issue. The small percentage that have, most contacted XSPC and got a replacement within a couple days. Some just complained, never called and never got a replacement.

All in all, it's a great kit for the money. It can easily handle a GPU block and another radiator if you wanted. There are 2 versions of each kit, the RS and the RX to denote the radiator used. The RX rads are thicker and better performing, and therefore cost more. The XSPC Rasa RX kits are harder to find...I need to go find the link to the RX that someone posted...I think it might have been ortoklaz...
m
l
!