Graphics card and a power supply

Robertas

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
Hey guys. Well, i need some help, i want to buy a new graphics card and a new power supply for it because the one i have atm is too weak. So i found this website to buy stuff from, www.scan.co.uk and i dont know which parts should i take. I was thinking about 4870 1gb.. but now sure if its worth it. My budget limit is 200£ (GBP). So can you please tell me which are the best ones? Thanks for the help guys. And btw my motherboard is not that new so i think wattage of power supply shouldnt be above 650.

Andraxxus

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
What motherboard do you have?Also the new HD58xx will be shown to us in 3 days and will be available for purchase fairly soon.

godless

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
+1 on waiting up on the new parts from ati. or at least for a lower price of current generation cards as soon as the new ones come out.

Robertas

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
Here the info i found about the motherboard.
Motherboard
Manufacturer: Asus
Motherboard Name: IPIBL-LB
HP/Compaq motherboard name: Benicia-GL8E

HD58xx versions? what are the prices going to be for them?

godless

Distinguished
Dec 27, 2007
INCLUDING the power supply. then you want to stick to 4870 1GB. but then i would wait for the new generation cards to come out to be sure/ prices of current gen cards to come down a bit.

oh and i meant us dollars in us. don't know anything about prices in uk. sorry about the confusion

Robertas

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
WEll by looking at this website, www.scan.co.uk is it possible for you to determine how much? If not, can you at least help me to get the power supply for 4870 1gb, because im not sure if i will get right one, because of these SLI or what ever connections.

Robertas

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
Oh i havent seen the one you showed, the graphics card i mean, the one you showed looks better in specs. as i understand. will look at it