Radeon 4890 not recognizing clone Mode?

nrk7001

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
Hey guys. I just build a new Windows 7 64bit system and have a Gigabyte X58 UD5 monbo and an ATI 4890 installed. I am going to run this machine with component video out, HDMI out, and potentially DVI out all at once for movie and video viewing. I installed Catalyst 9.6 and it seems like the card works fine on my DVI out. I also can set teh display to "Display 2" to see the HDMI out or teh compoenent out. I cant get Windows 7 or Catalyst to like clone display mode or use two monitors at once. It basically say I can not save these option when I try to do it in Windows. In Catalyst, I definately think something is wrong because I cant see any HDTV option nor does the Basic Wizard have any HDTV wizard. Its strange. I have tried to install and uninstall catalyst several times. Anyone know what I should do? My friend says send it back for Nvidia card.

mcnuggetofdeath

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2008
And your trying to display all three simultaneously correct? Perhaps the card only allows for two display outputs at once, read your manual. While I understand that your only really displaying one desktop, it might not let you mirror more than two monitors on a single card.