How can I get TV or stereo to the next room

Last response: in Home Theatre
August 26, 2005 5:11:24 PM

Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv,alt.cable-tv,sci.electronics.equipment,misc.industry.electronics.marketplace (More info?)

If someone has satellite or cable TV in 2 rooms, and has a wireless
remote in one of them anyway ( 1 box feeds 2 rooms that way ), and
they want to send the signal from that box into a third room
without having to hire someone to run cable in the crawl space,
can't that be done?

I used to hear about something called a TV rabbit that could hop
the TV signal to another room. In this case, all we want is the
stereo from the music channels on cable, to be sent out to the FM
receiver in the living room, so we can listen to the music out
there.

What can do that, how expensive is it, and what's it called
nowdays?

--
- Mama Bear

More about : stereo room

Anonymous
August 26, 2005 11:20:24 PM

Mama Bear <MamaBear@No-Spam.noo> wrote this in
<Xns96BE7C043AC2FMama@216.196.97.142>:

> If someone has satellite or cable TV in 2 rooms, and has a wireless
> remote in one of them anyway ( 1 box feeds 2 rooms that way ), and
> they want to send the signal from that box into a third room
> without having to hire someone to run cable in the crawl space,
> can't that be done?
>
> I used to hear about something called a TV rabbit that could hop
> the TV signal to another room. In this case, all we want is the
> stereo from the music channels on cable, to be sent out to the FM
> receiver in the living room, so we can listen to the music out
> there.

Ah, well, I don't know what people call it, but if you have a telly
there already, simply wire from the input of the audio amplifier to the
other room, or alternatively wire from output of amplifier and dampen
the signal to fit Line In or whatever you need.
That is easiest solution if you have a telly that is always-on.

--
MVH,
Vidar

www.bitsex.net
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 12:24:02 AM

Vidar Løkken <njus@vidarlo.net> wrote :

> Mama Bear <MamaBear@No-Spam.noo> wrote this in
><Xns96BE7C043AC2FMama@216.196.97.142>:
>
>> If someone has satellite or cable TV in 2 rooms, and has a
>> wireless remote in one of them anyway ( 1 box feeds 2 rooms
>> that way ), and they want to send the signal from that box
>> into a third room without having to hire someone to run cable
>> in the crawl space, can't that be done?
>>
>> I used to hear about something called a TV rabbit that could
>> hop the TV signal to another room. In this case, all we want
>> is the stereo from the music channels on cable, to be sent
>> out to the FM receiver in the living room, so we can listen
>> to the music out there.
>

> Ah, well, I don't know what people call it, but if you have a
> telly there already, simply wire from the input of the audio
> amplifier to the other room, or alternatively wire from output
> of amplifier and dampen the signal to fit Line In or whatever
> you need. That is easiest solution if you have a telly that is
> always-on.

A telly??? :)

--
- Mama Bear
Related resources

"Mama Bear" <MamaBear@No-Spam.noo> wrote in message
> If someone has satellite or cable TV in 2 rooms, and has a wireless
> remote in one of them anyway ( 1 box feeds 2 rooms that way ), and
> they want to send the signal from that box into a third room
> without having to hire someone to run cable in the crawl space,
> can't that be done?
>
> I used to hear about something called a TV rabbit that could hop
> the TV signal to another room. In this case, all we want is the
> stereo from the music channels on cable, to be sent out to the FM
> receiver in the living room, so we can listen to the music out
> there.
>
> What can do that, how expensive is it, and what's it called
> nowdays?

There are several ways. I now have a box made by Recoton - I don't know if
they are still around - that transmits a pretty good signal over electrical
wires. You just attach it to your amplifiers outputs, plug it in, and plug in
the speakers in another room. When I was much younger I had an AM radio that
reached through my college dorm.

Bill

> --
> - Mama Bear

Anonymous
August 27, 2005 4:41:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv,alt.cable-tv,sci.electronics.equipment,misc.industry.electronics.marketplace (More info?)

Mama Bear <MamaBear@No-Spam.noo> wrote in news:Xns96BE7C043AC2FMama@
216.196.97.142:

> If someone has satellite or cable TV in 2 rooms, and has a wireless
> remote in one of them anyway ( 1 box feeds 2 rooms that way ), and
> they want to send the signal from that box into a third room
> without having to hire someone to run cable in the crawl space,
> can't that be done?
>
> I used to hear about something called a TV rabbit that could hop
> the TV signal to another room. In this case, all we want is the
> stereo from the music channels on cable, to be sent out to the FM
> receiver in the living room, so we can listen to the music out
> there.
>
> What can do that, how expensive is it, and what's it called
> nowdays?

With an A/V sender/
Besides, you don't need to hire "A guy" to run wires, that is something
most can do themselves.
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 4:41:05 AM

Gary Tait <classicsat@yahoo.com> wrote :

> Mama Bear <MamaBear@No-Spam.noo> wrote in
> news:Xns96BE7C043AC2FMama@ 216.196.97.142:
>
>> If someone has satellite or cable TV in 2 rooms, and has a
>> wireless remote in one of them anyway ( 1 box feeds 2 rooms
>> that way ), and they want to send the signal from that box
>> into a third room without having to hire someone to run cable
>> in the crawl space, can't that be done?
>>
>> I used to hear about something called a TV rabbit that could
>> hop the TV signal to another room. In this case, all we want
>> is the stereo from the music channels on cable, to be sent
>> out to the FM receiver in the living room, so we can listen
>> to the music out there.
>>
>> What can do that, how expensive is it, and what's it called
>> nowdays?
>>

> With an A/V sender/
> Besides, you don't need to hire "A guy" to run wires, that is
> something most can do themselves.

Mama bear don't do crawl spaces. :)

--
- Mama Bear
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.satellite.tv,alt.cable-tv,sci.electronics.equipment,misc.industry.electronics.marketplace (More info?)

"Mama Bear" <MamaBear@No-Spam.noo> wrote in message
> If someone has satellite or cable TV in 2 rooms, and has a wireless
> remote in one of them anyway ( 1 box feeds 2 rooms that way ), and
> they want to send the signal from that box into a third room
> without having to hire someone to run cable in the crawl space,
> can't that be done?
>
> I used to hear about something called a TV rabbit that could hop
> the TV signal to another room. In this case, all we want is the
> stereo from the music channels on cable, to be sent out to the FM
> receiver in the living room, so we can listen to the music out
> there.
>
> What can do that, how expensive is it, and what's it called
> nowdays?
>
> --
> - Mama Bear

You remember well. They were called the "TV Rabbit". Out of production
now, but I still see them on Ebay, in fact there is one available now: Item
# 5801418966. Hurry... only a day or so left.

But to more directly answer your question about getting music to your FM
reciever,, you can probably find exactly what you're after at Best Buy.
They're called FM Transmitters. Surf over to Best Buy's web site at
www.bestbuy.com and search for "FM Transmitter"

Belkin TuneCast Mobile FM Transmitter Model: F8V367-APL @ $19.99
DynexT Portable Wireless FM Transmitter Model: DX-AC101 @ $19.99
RCA Portable FM Transmitter - Blue Model: MM70FM @ $20.99

I'm not a Best Buy advocate, but in surfing their web site, I saw that you
can get one of those transmitters FREE if you buy a Sony walkman.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?type=category&i....
Check it out.

Cheers!!!
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just subsitute the appropriate characters in
the address)

August 18, 2007 6:54:53 PM

I do that the REDNECK way, by using coaxial cable and splitters. I have a central TV connected to another in the kitchen and another in the bedroom. The reception is the same on all three TVs.
!