Registry key used to run once before serivces start?

I'm working on a service. Currently, in order to copy a newly compile
service application to its registered location, I stop the currently running
service through the control panel\advanced\services applet, copy the new
program, start the service and reboot. Invariably, Windows crashes while
closing due to the lose of some connections between the new service and
other services that are already running. This is a lot of trouble to go
through five or ten times a day.

I'd like to make a batch file that will do the majority of work for me. I
was thinking of maybe a batch file that would write some value into the
registry that would say, "While booting, before the services start, copy a
file from one place to another." I tried RunOnce but it looks to me like
RunOnce is called after the services have already been loaded. Can someone
tell me what registry key to use?

Richard Lewis Haggard

"Richard Lewis Haggard" <HaggardAtWorldDotStdDotCom> wrote in message news:%23H9QBfTWEHA.3120@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> I> was thinking of maybe a batch file that would write some value into the
> registry that would say, "While booting, before the services start, copy a
> file from one place to another." I tried RunOnce but it looks to me like
> RunOnce is called after the services have already been loaded.

This is exactly what MoveFileEx with MOVEFILE_DELAY_UNTIL_REBOOT does.

--PA

TRENDING THREADS