Sign in with
Your question

<1200$ Gaming Computer Need Help Building(Updated)!

Last response: in Systems
June 4, 2009 10:00:55 PM

Hey, I am looking foward to building (first) computer. I know alot about how to build it but the wires and connecting them. But first i need to know what u guys recommend on the parts. Please gimme the links and the price in a list i appreciate your time and help :) .

BUDGET: keep it below $1200 including monitor mouse and keyboard. (IF POSSIBLE NOT REQUIRED) BUDGET WONT CHANGE!
PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Any trusted sites in the USA.
OVERCLOCKING: If you guys help me out on it and if its good for my computer.
MONITOR RESOLUTION: What is this? the size of the monitor?
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I would like the computer as quiet as possible.

Parts i need:
CPU (Intel) Duo, Quad if possible.
MotherBoard (Something that has 6dimms and graphic card slot or w/e)
Memory (4gb-6gb)
Case (Something that looks really gaming like and can fit all my reuirments) dont wanna spend too much on the case) case fan needed if included it would be nice
Power Supply (Something that can handle all of the things on my list.)
Cpu Cooling (anything that would handle my cpu.)
Video Cards (anything that can play L4D 1&2 on high? if too expensive medium)
Sound Card (anything thats good)
Monitor (If it all adds up to more than 1200 dont need but if it doesnt it would be nice)

Remember my budget is 1200$ ty ! alll
June 4, 2009 10:14:26 PM

You are going to have to get a hell of a lot more specific...you could build something for 600$ or close to that that could play those two games damn fine....but next week it might not cope so well with new games etc...

We need to know your resolution as well...
m
l
June 4, 2009 11:07:40 PM

rewindlabs said:
You are going to have to get a hell of a lot more specific...you could build something for 600$ or close to that that could play those two games damn fine....but next week it might not cope so well with new games etc...

We need to know your resolution as well...

o ok im new to this site so i dont know how to setup the things sorry will u plz help me now?
m
l
June 4, 2009 11:16:04 PM

You don't need a 7.1 SURROUND SOUND sound card if you don't have 7.1 surround sound....what kind of sound system do you have to use?

And are you biased against amd?

And a case that looks really gaming like can mean anything since most kids think leds are the coolest thing....
m
l
!