Creepingdeath82

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2007
Hi,

I recently bought a pc from palicomp with an over clocked cpu to 4.7ghz, now every now and then the pc will fail to boot first time and whem i go into the bios a message appears, boot problems due to oc and voltage changes. I've contacted palicomp and they told me to increase the cpu voltage to 1.44 which i have done, but it has happened again today at least once.

Any suggestions would be great?

Intel I72600K OC 4.7
2 x ATI HD 6950 CF
8 Gig Ram
Gigabyte P678 motherboard

bearclaw99

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2010
Did you stress test it with IBT or Prime 95 to see if your overclock was stable??

My i7 2600K is stable @ 4.5ghz with 1.29 vcore, 4.6 with 1.32 vcore, and maybe at 4.7 with 1.33 vcore (have not done any extensive stability tests on that though because it's a little warm anyways)

You also have to keep in mind that those chips have a multiplier wall, meaning it will not boot or be stable no matter how much voltage you add. That can be anywhere from 4.1 ghz to 5 and above. My chip will not boot @ 4.9 ghz

whitey_rolls

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010

Would have to second this, if they have charged you for an overclock that turns out to be faulty it should be their responsibility to fix it. If you don't want to send the machine back you can always scale back the overclock which will likely fix your problem.

@creepingdeath82

You bought a pre-overclocked computer?

Why?

I would question any company that would even sell pre-overclocked machines, you have no idea what that machine has already been through before you got your hands on it.

You must not have any overclocking experience at all to do something like that in the first place, so how do you think you'll be fixing it?

Buying pre-overclocked is a bad idea on so many levels, but I guess you're beginning to understand that now, I suggest taking it back and getting your money back before it's too late.

TRENDING THREADS