IceMan13_1

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
well.. some one told me that if i update my BIOS... my board (intel d845wn) will support usb 2.0.....( that somebody being the intel site).... so i did!! tthe site told me to enable HIGHSPEED USB in the USB CONFIGURATION in the BIOS setup!! bt the problem is even after updating the latest BIOS..... the BIOS setup doesnt show anything like USB CONFIGURATION!!! I really need high speed usb enabled on my pc.... so guyz!! little help plz!!

ekoostik

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009
Yep, the instructions from Intel are pretty clear. What BIOS version did you install? Did you enter BIOS and then go into the ADVANCED menu?
1. Reboot (or power on) system.
2. Press "F2" during POST (Power-on Self Test) to enter system BIOS setup program.
3. Select "ADVANCED" menu using arrow (left and right) keys.
4. Select "USB Configuration" and press <enter>.
5. Enable "High-speed USB".
6. Press "F10" to Save & Exit BIOS setup program. ( Hi-Speed USB 2.0 controllers are now enabled and your operating system should detect New Hardware during the next normal boot cycle.
7. Cancel "New Hardware Found".
http://www.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb/CS-009024.htm

Also, what OS are you running/ According to Intel it has to be one of these:
Microsoft* Windows* XP (all editions)
Microsoft* Windows* 2000 (be sure to have latest Service Pack installed)
Microsoft Windows 98SE
Microsoft Windows Me

IceMan13_1

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009

i updated with the latest BIOS that was available at intel's download center!! n yes i did got to my BIOS setup in the ADVANCED mode!! n everything u posted here ... i've already seen that at intel's site!! tell me sumthng new will u??

ekoostik

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2009

What OS are you running?