Can i overclock my xfx ati radeon hd 5670 1 gb card

deepak21021

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
hi guys..i have xfx ati radeon hd 5670 1 gb card, i want to overclock it,but i dont know how ?...there is option in catalyst control centre..ati overdrive..but i wanna some advice..before take any action..what are the steps to overclock it..is there any harmful effect after overclocking...how much i able to increase the gpu.....the default clock of gpu is 775mhz and memory clock is 1000mhz...thnx..

------------------------------------
intel core i3 540 3.07ghz
intel dh55tc desktop board
adata 1333mhz ddr3 4gb ram
xfx ati radeon hd 5670 1gb card

Increase the speeds of core by 3% or so and run a benchmark. If it doesn't get too hot and you don't see artifacts, increase speeds again. Increase speeds until you start seeing artifacts, then slow it down by 5%.

Reset core speed to original. Increase memory speeds by 3% until artifacts, then decrease 5%. Immediately exit benchmarks if artifacts occur (especially for memory).

See if max core and max memory can run together by increasing both at once in large jumps up to known maxes.

Graphics cards can be overclocked pretty quickly with the right tools. I use MSI Afterburner, which I think works for both Radeons and GeForces. Afterburner controls settings and Kombuster tests/benchmarks settings.

You won't know for a while whether your overclock is 100% stable. Kombuster/Furmark are good ways to check though.

Disclaimer: DO NOT OVERVOLTAGE YOUR CARD. DO NOT OVERHEAT YOUR CARD. Refer to manufacturer documentation for voltage and heat limits. I am not responsible for you choosing to overclock and potentialy destroy your card.