Wrong northbridge cooler for XFX 680i

tomaso1z

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2008
I have recently replaced my dead XFX 680i LT for a new full 680i motherboard.

Cant remember the post but my Raid 0 array was recognized and didnt loose a thing :D anyways my new problem is this...

When i received mobo there was a cooler for the northbridge heatsink but its differs from than the one in the manual thus does not fit in place where it should. I believe I have the wrong northbridge cooler/fan for this motherboard. I have checked the manual and it refers to screwing in a fan like this one
4132731923_12e1018f56_o.jpg

but only the following fan was included which i think is for the 780i or 750i....
4133645328_7aec393ed3_b.jpg

As you can see that it is completely different so does not align with the attatchment screw holes on the 680i northbridge.

I prefer not returning the whole item i.e. motherboard as its working ok for now via resting cooler between northbridge push pins and slotted inbetween heatsink fins but i do require a permanent fixture with the designed cooler, without the fan operational the northbridge gets too hot and i have computer frezing into a blue windows error screen.

I have contacted XFX they told me to contact seller (ebuyer) which i have and they have told me i would have to do a complete RMA as they only sell complete products i.e. no seperate parts. I hope im not the only one. If i dont get a better response from ebuyer I may go to nvidia direct for a replacement cooler unless someone has a spair? :non: