4830 on a 375w PSU?

Lawdaddy

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
Hey, I've posted a couple questions like this already...sorry to annoy!

But I just saw this good deal and was wondering if the sapphire 4830 would run on the dell xps410 375W psu...any input would help! Thanks!

Lawdaddy

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
Oh yeah, also there's a new code for 10% off all GPU's at newegg right now. Can get this 4830 for 70 after rebate.

Probably. Of course since it consumes a significant amount of power the stability of your system will depend on the quality of your PSU. I wouldn't expect that PSU to explode or anything though as the PSUs in the XPS machines a usually better than average. I say just get it and then run some tests to stress the system, like Crysis or by running Prim95 and Furmark at the same time. If you hear any strange noises comming from your PSU, then it's being stressed out and you should replace it ASAP. If you just get some stability issues after running those tests for a while then you should consider getting a PSU if you intend to leave it on for long periods of time.

Lawdaddy

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2009
Just got a xfx4850 for $55 AR. Hopefully this puppy will run properly, if not I'll have to upgrade anyway. LOL