Sign in with
Your question

What do I change if I fail prime95?

Last response: in Overclocking
May 1, 2011 1:40:44 AM

Tried overclocking my e6850 to 3.4ghz and worker one fail in prime95. do i just increase voltage?

More about : change fail prime95

a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
May 1, 2011 1:51:53 AM

It's likely a NB or SB related fail.That happend to me when i tryed to O.C. my NB.Ran Prime and it failed and would keep testing core 3.Increasing the voltage won't do it,it's more of an internal error or prime.Try using a different stress testing program.
Related resources
a c 172 à CPUs
a c 197 K Overclocking
May 1, 2011 2:02:04 PM

It depends on what test you are running. Generally, if small fft's fail, look at your CPU settings. If the blend or large fft's test fail, look at your memory settings.
May 1, 2011 7:51:24 PM

i failed that small fft thing. what do i adjust to get it stable at higher hertz?
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
May 1, 2011 8:53:24 PM

Did it fail when you did large ffts?
a c 172 à CPUs
a c 197 K Overclocking
May 2, 2011 12:48:52 PM

kratom420 said:
i failed that small fft thing. what do i adjust to get it stable at higher hertz?

The simplest thing is to try a small vcore increase. But when you start increasing voltages, you need to really monitor your temps.

Adjust your RAM settings so you have your memory clock twice as fast as the FSB freq. When set up properly, CPU-Z should tell you that your FSB:RAM ratio is 1:1.

There's a lot of other CPU related settings that you can try, depending on your motherboard. But at this point, your overclock does not lend itself to a "cookbook" approach.

And it is quite possible that you have reached the limits of your CPU.
!