Nvidia geforce gt 240

4745454b

Titan
Probably nothing. The GT240 isn't known as a great OCer. And as I'm fond of saying overclocking crap only results in hotter crap. I could see OCing a GTS450 (GTS250/5750 performance) to get you results similar to the 5770 (Close to GTX260 levels.) but OCing the GT240 won't get you much. Perhaps near 9800GT levels? Not worth it.

If you want more performance, you need a new card.

shin0bi272

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
^^ what he said... only the 9800gt is essentially the same card as the 250. OCing a card without a good hs/fan is also not advisable... ive got a 240 and its only used to surf the web and play old games like quake 2 on steam. OCing this card would be a bad idea at worst and at best a massive waste of time. No offense.

Install MSI afterburner and isolate component (core or memory), bumping clocks up (maybe 20MHz) until you see artifacts to find max good clock. Test for artifacts with MSI Kombustor/Furmark. Repeat with other component. Then reduce max clocks by 5% and see if it's stable with both components on high OC. Months of playing games will tell you if it's 100% stable.

Immediately exit tests if you see memory artifacts since they can do permanent damage more so than core/shader artifacts.

Monitor your temps and don't overvoltage. You might break it, not that I've done that yet. Either way, it's not my fault if you do.