Hp Compaq dx2480.......E2180 Overclocking Help..

Hey folks.My Frnd got a Hp Compaq dx2480 with Dual Core E2180 2.00 Ghz..........Is it possible to overclock????
5 answers Last reply
More about compaq dx2480 e2180 overclocking help
  1. Have i given wrong information.......or in wrong section bcoz 18 read and no answers......or i have to give any extra informationnn...............newbie plz...siggest............... : )
  2. No. Or rather, probably not. Your computer almost certainly has a locked BIOS. This means that yuo will probably not be able to change the settings.

You can try this:
    Overclocking software:
    http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/overclocking-software,2059.html
  3. dear I got setfsb but cant get what to do...............here r the specs hope u help..............

Control
    Pll-RTM875T-606
    Current FSB/DDR/PCI-E frequency-200.0/400.0/100.0/33.3MHz
    Selct Fsb/"/"/...bla..bla.....-same value as above
    ------------------[]-----------------------------------------[700/1520]
    --------------[]--------------------[760/1520]

Customize
    All same as contro; +

Tab Style[Flat Button]........clock generator......Text-4.......Back-3
    range[Normal FSB].........PLL Gear-1000...........main frequency[25.0MHz]...........Max Freq......405.5MHz..Pll N1620.......Pll M-1

SMBus Read/Write.......[Auto[PLL Parameter]]

Diagnosis same + hex values................
  4. dmds45@yahoo.com.....its my yahoo.Id..Iam 24/7 online u can help me out there also....................
  5. I'd be very weary about giving setfsb software to just anyone. It'll fry your entire computer if you mess with it the wrong way.
    I would suggest never trying to overclock a laptop. They aren't built for anything but how they run out of the shop, which is why there's very little chance of being able to overclock them.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Hewlett Packard Compaq Dual Core