Screen shaking/jittering

Status
Not open for further replies.

calcifaids

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
Hi everyone,
I just installed the latest ATI Radeon graphics drivers (9.6 for the HD 4600 series), and now i'm having problems with the picture on my monitor.
The screen is shaking (not horrendously largely but it is noticable) and when viewing pictures there are clemps of pixels that are the wrong colour, e.g. green when the picture is grey.
It almost seems to be like the screen is not refreshing quick enough but when i try changing the refresh rate (its currently on 75Hz) the problem does not go away).
My graphics card is An Ati Radeon HD 4670 card, and my monitor is a samsung syncmaster 932MW LCD TV monitor.
Can anyone help?? :D:D
cheers

Solution

I had the same problem, with differnt hardware yesterday. Jumpie screen, break-up... them...

michaelst_54

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2008

I had the same problem, with differnt hardware yesterday. Jumpie screen, break-up... them BOOM, it would be fine for 5 minutes.. then start shaking again.

I switched it to another PC and it worked fine - eliminating the monitor as the problem. Next, I switch back to the old PC but with a new DVI cable - no change-still jumpoy. So, I switched power cables and - VOILA@! picture clear as a bell. I hope it's that easy for you.

Solution

calcifaids

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009

Ohh you utter legend, it worked, thankyou soo soo much, almost seems like a no brainer now hahaha. i think i must have been over complicating it all this time haha :D

So aye, cheers :D

Status
Not open for further replies.