s2 Cars sometimes don't come to take sims to work

Hi all. A problem seems to have popped up in my game. The car pool
seems to skip some of my sims homes. This does not happen in all my
households only a small few of them. I have tried getting the sim a new
job to see if the carpool would start, no luck. I moved the sims out
to a new house to see if is a lot problem, no luck. I even bulldozed a
house or two and razed the lot to see that would somehow reset the
carpool, no dice either. Any help would be nice.

Thanks,
Spandau
4 answers Last reply
More about cars sims work

    On Tue, 17 May 2005 20:32:04 GMT, Spandau <fechterin@neo.rr.com>
    wrote:

    >Hi all. A problem seems to have popped up in my game. The car pool
    >seems to skip some of my sims homes. This does not happen in all my
    >households only a small few of them. I have tried getting the sim a new
    > job to see if the carpool would start, no luck. I moved the sims out
    >to a new house to see if is a lot problem, no luck. I even bulldozed a
    >house or two and razed the lot to see that would somehow reset the
    >carpool, no dice either. Any help would be nice.

    Are you using move_objects on? Is it possible something is lying in
    the road or close to the road where it shouldn't be? If there is for
    instance garbage in the road, sometimes the car pool won't come.
    Likewise, if you've put something outside the lot boundries, it could
    screw it up.

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:

    > On Tue, 17 May 2005 20:32:04 GMT, Spandau <fechterin@neo.rr.com>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Hi all. A problem seems to have popped up in my game. The car pool
    >>seems to skip some of my sims homes. This does not happen in all my
    >>households only a small few of them. I have tried getting the sim a new
    >> job to see if the carpool would start, no luck. I moved the sims out
    >>to a new house to see if is a lot problem, no luck. I even bulldozed a
    >>house or two and razed the lot to see that would somehow reset the
    >>carpool, no dice either. Any help would be nice.
    >

    > Are you using move_objects on? Is it possible something is lying in
    > the road or close to the road where it shouldn't be? If there is for
    > instance garbage in the road, sometimes the car pool won't come.
    > Likewise, if you've put something outside the lot boundries, it could
    > screw it up.
    I made sure move objects was off and I even "swept" the roadways tile by
    tile tring to find any invisible debris.

    Spandau wrote:

    > Guardian Pegasus wrote:
    >
    > > On Tue, 17 May 2005 20:32:04 GMT, Spandau <fechterin@neo.rr.com>
    > > wrote:
    > >

    > >>Hi all. A problem seems to have popped up in my game. The car pool
    > >>seems to skip some of my sims homes. This does not happen in all my
    > >>households only a small few of them. I have tried getting the sim a new
    > >> job to see if the carpool would start, no luck. I moved the sims out
    > >>to a new house to see if is a lot problem, no luck. I even bulldozed a
    > >>house or two and razed the lot to see that would somehow reset the
    > >>carpool, no dice either. Any help would be nice.
    > >

    > > Are you using move_objects on? Is it possible something is lying in
    > > the road or close to the road where it shouldn't be? If there is for
    > > instance garbage in the road, sometimes the car pool won't come.
    > > Likewise, if you've put something outside the lot boundries, it could
    > > screw it up.
    > I made sure move objects was off and I even "swept" the roadways tile by
    > tile tring to find any invisible debris.

    I noticed this a couple of times the other day. I was trying to ensure
    a particularly lazy seeming sim got to work but despite constant
    watching and the sim actually having the car symbol of wanting to go
    to work the car didn't appear.
    --
    Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
    Stop and Look

    I *think* this is a known bug and there might be a hack for it at
    VariousSimmers - or at least some advice:

    http://www.variousimmers.net/vsimforum/index.php

    or possibly Mod the Sims - not sure, it's not a problem I've had.

    Best wishes
    Maxon

    "Spandau" <fechterin@neo.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all. A problem seems to have popped up in my game. The car pool
    > seems to skip some of my sims homes. This does not happen in all my
    > households only a small few of them. I have tried getting the sim a new
    > job to see if the carpool would start, no luck. I moved the sims out
    > to a new house to see if is a lot problem, no luck. I even bulldozed a
    > house or two and razed the lot to see that would somehow reset the
    > carpool, no dice either. Any help would be nice.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Spandau

Sims Cars Games Video Games