Manny65

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
Hello,
My computer will no longer boot up..I took out the hard drive and tried to extract the information I had on it.. Music, wedding pictures..I have only found a few and the file under my user name says I do not have access to get into it.. What do I do to get into those files.. 40gb. hard drive and only have access to approximately 10 gb. if I cant get into my documents.. help

Manny65

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011

Thanks I've heard of that.. But is that something I need to purchase or can I download it for free and then try what you recommended? I apologize if this question is silly but it's obvious I have no idea.

MarinJV

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2011
The drive itself / user account is locked - that is clear and it is OK.........There are few ways of solving the problem by yourself. .......Short simple answer - Clone the drive like it is now to another drive (you have a backup if anything goes wrong), Clean the drive at some other computer (if the OS in any MS win - not necessary but recomended), Reinstal REPAIR at setup the same OS (XP SP3 / Win7...).....The fastest most simple procedure if the HardDisk is OK.