Windows - Delayed write failed

makesh

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
i have a error message.

Windows was unable to save all the data for the H:\$Mft The data has been lost. This error may be caused by failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere.

what the problem in my computer?

ncc74656

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
what is drive H? is it a HDD, memory card? this error can be caused by improper removal of a device while windows was working with it. it can also be caused by bad sectors or a failing controller on a HDD. if its a memory card, i wouldn't worry to much about it, check if the times of errors corilate to when you unplugged it. if its a HDD i would run a pc doctor check and MHDD on it to check/repair bad sectors. if the controller or mechanics fail then you need a new HDD. for a quick check you can download many programs to read the SMART data, but this is just a snapshot of drive health; not a definitive diagnosis.

makesh

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
Drive H is a part of my second HDD.(sata 300GB)
This error is display when i suddenly close a folder in H drive.
Currently my ups don't work.i restart my machine ,CHKDSK is verifying files
An unspecified error occured -(please find my attachments using this link:http://www.4shared.com/file/160946516/4a6439f/to_tom.html
to_tom.html
)
again i restart, CHKDSK is verifying files and windows work fine (including my second HDD.)
My 300gb (F,G,H drives)second HDD is healthy or not ?-question no :1
which diagnostics tool is best for correct (sata )HDD errors?question no :2

and i have very small free space in my both HDD
i have plan to purchase a sata 1TB HDD, this is sutable to my machine?question no :3

and i have a another problem when writing dvd.
power calibration errors in nero 8.3
how to solve this problem?question no :4

My Biggest problem is some viruses delete system files in system32 (regedit ,taskmanager,page files-i can't open these,and i can't open drives directly in my computer)
and i can't install Zone alarm -error mising KB-somthing question no :5

my system details:
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600(3gb ram with NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT,Mother board model DG965RY Chipset Intel P965/G965,Chip set version AAD41691-301).

and i attached CPUID CPU-Z result.

I Don't Wish to format my both HDD
Because,
My HDD 1-Contains installed multimedia software with plugins (i'm a 3d designer)-my main OS
MY HDD 2-Contains lot of important datas including softwares, tutorial ,Etc.,

This is possible? question no :6

How to solve my problems

Please any one send a detailed ,step by step procedures to solve.

now my 300gb HDD is disabled in my computer and disk mgmt.

how to format particular partition (ex:C drive) question no :7

And I have win xp .iso file ------------- & how to write as a bootable DVD? (question no :8)

How to install Windows XP SP3 in a new HDD? question no :9

How to Install multiple os in a single HDD? question no :10 (Like Win 7+iDeneb_v1.6_1058_Lite_Edition+Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.3 AS DVD for x86 )

Which is the best HDD recovery software? question no :11 -I think spotmou

Sea Tools for windows V 1.2.0.0 is sutable for this one.

my all attachments link:

http://www.4shared.com/file/160946516/4a6439f/to_tom.html

Currentlyi use Symantec AntiVirus corporate edition v10

howto use MHDD v.4.6 for my problem? question no :11

please answer all these questions.

ncc74656

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
wow ok.. first off short of hardware failure if you have the time.. you can fix the os. that being said... sounds like you have your work cut out.

First, make sure all viri are gone, i recomend ubcd4win to boot from and scan the system to do this.

Second, verify hardware... PC check or pc doctor have tools to do this, there are freeware programs out there. one program i use ALOT for HDD's is MHDD, it will scan all your sectors and give you read times. This will also remap a bad sector, ALL HDD's have bad sectors and spares to map to... contrary to alot of tech shops a dead sector or two or 30 does not difinitivly indicate a failing drive. run mechainical stresst tetsts and long smart tests to ensure the drive is bad. if the drive is good and mhdd lists all grey sectors (2-5 greens isnt bad, reds need to be repaired.) then the drive is ok to work with assuming it passes all other tests.

on to the OS, i gather you are running XP, burn a XP SP2 ISO and stick it in your drive. open a admin command prompt and enter : sfc /scannow press enter. This will run a checek on all system files and replace as needed. after that go install sp3. this should solve any os errors.

to install on a new HDD, UNPLUG your current drive... i cant tell you how many times ive accidently formatted the wrong drive and had to spend a good 5 hours recoverying all the damn files... then startup the xp setup installing any raid drivers you need with F6 at the start. then you will hit enter to continue, F8 to agree, esc to not repair, then select the drive, D to delete, L to confirm, C to create new partition, Enter to use full size, Then enter again to install to new partition, quick formatt or full, i prefer full on drives with viri or questionable sectors. follow the on screen instronstrions from there.

MHDD, load the the program, F4 is your magic key, select a drive at the start (what ever number it coresponds to) then press enter with your selection typed in and hit F4 to start scan options, use arrows to highlight and enter to change, then F4 again to start the scan. shift F3 to rescan buss. (brings you to first menue)

I use Easus data recovery wizzard pro - this is a more complex more indepth program that can recover lost files or partical files (i have taken 6GB off a 4GB flash drive before), get data back for NTFS and FAT - this is a simple stright forward easy program. or photorec on linux live cd - advanced CLI with switches and lots of commands.

use power iso to burn the disk, it dont care what media is in there... or what the iso is ment for, and its FREE

install windows vista before XP, vista before linux, in that ordder. use the vista disk to add boot selections to vista, XP uses boot.ini, vista and 7 use a boot loader... command to rebuild XP boot.ini is in the recovery console on the xp disk and is: bootcfg /rebuild comand on 7 and vista is bootrec /rebuild (this can very depending on build and verision of os) you may need to force NT60 or manualy remove the boot folder from C: to use bootrec under some builds of vista/7. if you install windows after linux it can kill the linux boot loader, most linux disks such as fedora allow you to add preinstalled os's to the boot options.

to format a drive you can not be active on it or have any active files. in cli its format :C you can use your windows disk or any boot disk, or if you install a new os on a second drive format it as a slave.

for free space.. download spacemonger it will give you a lay out of used files and folder sizes on your HDD. second if you plan to change HDD, and you have a seagate you get a free copy of achronis (called disk director) this program can image your main drive to any other once installed. if you dont have it there are tools out there such as norton ghost or the linux live cd, sector by sector copy.

as far as a 1TB drive... i recomend never using anything over a 500GB outside of a raid. if they fail you loose ALOT of data. if you can id recomend a raid 5 3+ 1TB drives, or a Raid 1 with two 1TB drives.

you show alot of files errors, get pccheck or pcdoctors and run ALL the MB/CPU/HDD tests. and get memtest86+ and test your ram. ordder to test a comp in, RAM - CPU - MB -HDD controller - HDD - extra crap. in this ordder you will make sure everything needed for the next test is stable below it.

for the isses with the CD drive, it sounds like the drive is failing or you have bad rails coming from your PSU, assuming the error message is literal. id do a google search for nero errors and see what others found when getting that error.

if the SFC fails and can not replace all the files you can run a repair off the XP disk by booting from it, hitting enter, esc and R to repair if you are not given a screen to hit R on and are brought stright to the install drive screen then you need to delete and rebuild the boot.ini and try again with a single entry. (common issue)

i think i got it all, just got back from retail sale and BB black friday i dont care that is all misspelt... good night

I think that some of your problems could be explained by a virus infection, are you sure that you have completely removed any viruses. I would recommend that you download and use Malwarebytes anti- mailware program as this is currently the best anti virus program at actually detecting and removing any viruses. The program is not free but you can use it for 30 days which is long enough to sort out some of your problems.

install windows vista before XP, vista before linux, in that ordder. use the vista disk to add boot selections to vista, XP uses boot.ini, vista and 7 use a boot loader... command to rebuild XP boot.ini is in the recovery console on the xp disk and is: bootcfg /rebuild comand on 7 and vista is bootrec /rebuild (this can very depending on build and verision of os) you may need to force NT60 or manualy remove the boot folder from C: to use bootrec under some builds of vista/7. if you install windows after linux it can kill the linux boot loader, most linux disks such as fedora allow you to add preinstalled os's to the boot options.

You don’t need to do this, always install the older operating system first and then you don’t need to bother about repairing the boot sectors.

makesh

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
i scan my main HDD-1(160gb)using Malwarebytes anti- mailware.it delete some threads.
then i scan using pc doc pro 5
the result is 7263 errors found
couldn't set restore point. You probably have system Restore turned off.
registry problem discoverd -high
empty registry keys discoverd -low
private data trace found -elevated
junk or redunant files were found on your computer-guarded
fix errors
currently i don't have a backup of my data's.
i need to save my all datas,
please any one send a instance reply,i'm waiting for ur reply.
Please find my attachments:
http://www.4shared.com/file/162253040/619fe86c/02_online.html
http://www.4shared.com/file/162254087/ce990a7a/03_online.html

ncc74656

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
go to run, then type regedit and hit enter. go to file - export and save a copy of your registery. (i normaly save to root of C under an easy name.. old habbit from the dos days). then fix the problums, find the hardware version of pc doc on a boot disk and run the rest of the tests. once they all pass then your good to go.

programs that "fix' registry 'errors' can often screw alot of things up, make sure you scan through the errors its listing, if any of them seem odd then uncheck the fix for it. its normal to have lots of mislinked files, or missing shortcuts, dll's that arnt used anymore... so its not uncommon and infact is compleatly normal for you to have 7263 errors if you have never scaned your reg before...

System restore not working, regedit and task manager not working are all common signs that you had (have) a virus. The virus does this so as to make it difficult for you to remove it. It is easy to search the internet for instructions on how to re-enable them, if you can’t find the instructions ask here and I will find them for you.

ncc74656

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
there is a disk... its one of hte most illigal iso's you could ever download... if that doset bother you then google 'hirens' 10.0 is the latest. otherwise check around for some freeware tests, you can run prime95 in windows to test cpu/memory, and mhdd for the HDD, then hope the rest of the MB is good. mem86 is easily found, run that to test ram.

once you test out your HDD and make sure its good then go download ultimate boot cd 4 windows and boot of it, it takes a bit to build but its not to hard to make a basic disk. on that are many antivirus programs that you can scan your comp with. since its an offline scan you have 100% access to your HDD and can remove any infections. after that you need to modify your group policy settings to be allowed to access task manager and regedit again. all in all your looking at about 10 hours of work (alot of it babysitting) perhaps more with the learning curve.

ncc74656

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
for partition magic that is correct, but the rest of them.. they are not. pc doc is a 800.00 kit (inclues loop back and hardware testing equipment, figure 500 of this is software cost) with markup of course. pccheck is made by eurosoft and very much alive, geeksquad has corperate liscences for this software. achronis - also not free, 40 bucks for single home use or about 350 for single disk director use. norton ghost is about 150 for single use usage, i think 12.0 is most recent. spinwrite is 80 bucks for single use.

there are ALOT of freeware and open source programs on the disk, dont get me wrong.. but its got at least 10K bucks worth of corperate liscence software and 4K+ of single use software on it...

Don’t forget that these are the DOS version of the programs; Hiren says on the web that all of the software is legal, maybe he is wrong. The Wikipedia entry for this says that

While this collection of tools can be very useful, potential users should note that many of the tools are commercial applications that have not been legally licensed for redistribution, and so download/use/sharing of Hiren's BootCD may be illegal (depending on your legal jurisdiction).

As I don't know the copyright laws of the USA I can't comment but I think it is legal in my country.

coolyogi

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2010
Hi,

I am Yogesh and I am facing the same problem for the quite a some time now.
The issue is with the USB harddrive its an external drive 160gb transcend.
This occurs every now and then. kindly suggest how can i fix it.

thanx,
yogesh anand

G

to everyone: it can be drive failure but that being said
this works in XP: in Device Manager click the + next to Universal Serial Bus Controllers to display the list, then right click and uninstall each one. If you have a USB mouse you may lose it, so you'll then have to use keyboard commands to uninstall more in the list (the "list" icon key to the right of the windows key is right click), if you lose your keyboard, then note what's left undone in the list, force reboot, let everything USB reinstall themselves then (if your problem is not already fixed) continue with the items that were not previously uninstalled in the list, leaving the ones you already did before alone. This reinstalls all the USB drivers. Has "fixed" 2 of my drives with "delayed write failed" error.

Hope this helps.

Rick in KC

Nilesh Agrawal

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2010
i have a error message.

Windows was unable to save all the data for the H:\$Mft The data has been lost. This error may be caused by failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere.

what the problem in my computer?

Christian_89

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2011