Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Which SSD to get: OCZ Agility 2/Crucial C300

Last response: in Storage
February 10, 2011 6:46:42 PM

Debating on which one to get, I currently have an 80gb intel x25-m ssd for win7 ultimate x64, and after installing WoW and DCU with all patches and downloads I have a whopping ~12gb left and am looking for a second SSD to install rest of games or possibly use the bigger for OS/games and use this as secondary as well. Thoughts on which one is better?

OCZ
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

C300
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

the ocz is $10 more for an extra 32GB of storage, but I'm not too up to date on brands of SSDs and certain models and what not, any info is appreciated thanks!

EDIT: Also when playing a game from an SSD is it that much faster than say a regular WD 7200 RPM HDD?

Best solution

a c 143 G Storage
February 10, 2011 8:17:46 PM

1) If your motherboard supports SATA III, I would get the C300, otherwise stick with the OCZ.

2) You will see improvement in load times but not really in FPS. I've heard that WoW does benefit from a SSD drive in massive battles due to the quicker access time of the SSD. I don't play WoW, so I can't confirm or deny that statement.

I run my Intel X25-M G2 for OS and Apps and utilize my WD 300GB VRaptor for games and don't see an issue. I have a Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB for storage.
a b G Storage
February 10, 2011 11:59:40 PM

^ +1

Intel says that SSDs can reduce stuttering in games by speeding up in-game loading, but the truth of this statement is debatable as Intel may only be saying this to increase SSD sales.
Related resources
February 11, 2011 12:48:57 PM

Thanks for the info guys! That's what I was thinking, I think I'm gonna leave the OS and WoW on my x25-m and look into getting a vraptor for all other games and apps. Excellent! Thanks again
February 11, 2011 12:50:09 PM

Best answer selected by akromam90.
!