Nview not seeing TV

waladil

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
OK. So I have a computer with a 8600 GT TDH Nvidia video card, which came with nView. Now, I have the one produced season of Firefly in digital form on my computer, and want to invite some friends over, because they haven't seen it (they're missing out.)

Now that you have more than necessary background information, my problem is that nView wont recognize my TV as being real. I tell it to run a "rigorous" search for monitors, and when it fails it asks me if I want to search for TVs when I start the computer up. Logically, I do, so I restart the computer, and when it comes back on, the TV is not seen and the check box for looking for them is un-checked. I kept searching and found that the check-box reset itself every time the nView panel was closed.

Cable data;
Computer is outputting data through a port in my video card; I'm not sure what it is, but it is the size of an S-video and only has about 9-12 metal prongs. We had a converter for it, which converts to S-video and RGB. This runs to a switcher box, which can accept RGB, S-video, and composite. This box is set to send the connection from my cables into the TV (we use it mostly so we don't have to play with cables to switch from DVD to DVR) and... that should be everything. Please help.

Oh, and this may be a double-post. I've never used this site before, but I think I botched asking the first time, and it didn't go through.

waladil

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2009
That didn't work. My ancient TV (I think '95) doesn't accept RGB connections, and I'm pretty sure that's completely different from the composite ones (the red, white, and yellow cables) so I can't bypass the box, and those tools haven't been around since '07.