sick sims?

sb

I have a house where my sims seem to get sick all the time. They have full
aspirations and full needs yet they get sick? Any suggestions?

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.livejournal.com/users/essbee80

sb wrote:
> I have a house where my sims seem to get sick all the time. They have
> full aspirations and full needs yet they get sick? Any suggestions?

Play some of the other houses in the ngihbourhood and try to make those Sims
healthy. Call the exterminator and make sure you are roach free.

Gareeth

sb wrote:
> I have a house where my sims seem to get sick all the time. They have
> full aspirations and full needs yet they get sick? Any suggestions?

MTS2 has a medicine cabinet that will help your sick sims get better. I
think it also can bestow immunity if you want to play that way.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=56957

Jeanie

On Tue, 17 May 2005 21:42:41 GMT, "Gareeth" <Gareethnews@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>sb wrote:
>> I have a house where my sims seem to get sick all the time. They have
>> full aspirations and full needs yet they get sick? Any suggestions?
>
>Play some of the other houses in the ngihbourhood and try to make those Sims
>healthy. Call the exterminator and make sure you are roach free.

Disease is a serious problem when it spreads beyond the current
household. Especially the flu, which is terribly contagious. The
problems really start piling up when you have LOTS of households...
the moral is: NEVER leave a household with a sick sim, unless you know
for sure you'll continue on that house the next time you play.

sb

Thanks so much!

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On Wed, 18 May 2005 00:37:57 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:

>MTS2 has a medicine cabinet that will help your sick sims get better. I
>think it also can bestow immunity if you want to play that way.
>
>http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=56957

Ah, I'm keeping this message, in case the flu gets out of control. Or
worse, the freaking pneumonia!

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> On Wed, 18 May 2005 00:37:57 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:
>

>>MTS2 has a medicine cabinet that will help your sick sims get better. I
>>think it also can bestow immunity if you want to play that way.
>>
>>http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=56957
>

> Ah, I'm keeping this message, in case the flu gets out of control. Or
> worse, the freaking pneumonia!

Does anyone know if this hack hoses University? I'm about to add that
to the mix.

--
--Cuth

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
> Guardian Pegasus wrote:
>> On Wed, 18 May 2005 00:37:57 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:
>>

>>> MTS2 has a medicine cabinet that will help your sick sims get
>>> better. I think it also can bestow immunity if you want to play
>>> that way.
>>>
>>> http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=56957
>>

>> Ah, I'm keeping this message, in case the flu gets out of control. Or
>> worse, the freaking pneumonia!
>
> Does anyone know if this hack hoses University? I'm about to add that
> to the mix.

It works fine with University. I'm using it. Another neat feature is that
it has a pregnancy test in it, too, so you can tell if your sim is preggers.
That lullaby music doesn't always play, you know. The only downside to the
pregnancy test is that it isn't very accurate when it comes to the number of
babies coming. I've got the twns/triplets/random hack in my game and it
doesn't seem to catch the extra babies, but it does tell you when at least
one is coming.

Jeanie

Jeanie wrote:
> Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:

>>Does anyone know if this hack hoses University? I'm about to add that
>>to the mix.
>

> It works fine with University. I'm using it. Another neat feature is that
> it has a pregnancy test in it, too, so you can tell if your sim is preggers.
> That lullaby music doesn't always play, you know.

The music has never failed me. What I most enjoy seeing, however, is
the Sim bolting for the toilet and throwing up the next day. :)

> The only downside to the
> pregnancy test is that it isn't very accurate when it comes to the number of
> babies coming. I've got the twns/triplets/random hack in my game and it
> doesn't seem to catch the extra babies, but it does tell you when at least
> one is coming.

I also have a hack that looked like the burglar alarm that, among other
things, tells you of pregnancy status. Don't really care if I know this
or not, however. The bulging belly will tell me soon enough. Besides,
if they get preggers, doesn't the "Try for Baby" option disappear?

--
--Cuth

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
> Jeanie wrote:
>> Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
>
>>> Does anyone know if this hack hoses University? I'm about to add
>>> that to the mix.
>>

>> It works fine with University. I'm using it. Another neat feature
>> is that it has a pregnancy test in it, too, so you can tell if your
>> sim is preggers. That lullaby music doesn't always play, you know.
>
> The music has never failed me. What I most enjoy seeing, however, is
> the Sim bolting for the toilet and throwing up the next day. :)

That doesn't always happen, either. I have a few sims who have never had
morning sickness in any of their pregnancies.

>> The only downside to the
>> pregnancy test is that it isn't very accurate when it comes to the
>> number of babies coming. I've got the twns/triplets/random hack in
>> my game and it doesn't seem to catch the extra babies, but it does
>> tell you when at least one is coming.
>
> I also have a hack that looked like the burglar alarm that, among
> other things, tells you of pregnancy status. Don't really care if I
> know this or not, however. The bulging belly will tell me soon
> enough. Besides, if they get preggers, doesn't the "Try for Baby"
> option disappear?

Probably, but that's assuming that I have my sims woohooing all the time.
LOL Sometimes they have to stop long enough to eat and look through the
telescope, you know.

I also have a hack called "risky woohoo" installed in my game, where there
is a slight chance that a sim can get pregnant from regular woohoo. It's
never happened yet in my game, but it might. BTW, I read somewhere that
"Try for Baby" has a 65% chance of working, but in all the playing I've
done, it was only in the past couple of days that "Try for Baby" failed to
produce a pregnancy.

Jeanie

It's supposed to be set at 10% and has happened twice in my game now - I've
only had it a week.

Best wishes
Maxon

Maxon wrote:
> It's supposed to be set at 10% and has happened twice in my game now
> - I've only had it a week.
>
> Best wishes
> Maxon

Perhaps they've updated it. I should go download it and reinstall it.

Jeanie

On Thu, 19 May 2005 18:39:45 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:

>It works fine with University. I'm using it. Another neat feature is that
>it has a pregnancy test in it, too, so you can tell if your sim is preggers.
>That lullaby music doesn't always play, you know. The only downside to the

If the lullaby music doesn't play, it means your sim isn't pregnant.
I've never experienced a pregnancy without the music.

Signs your sim is knocked up:
-Bulging stomach (ok, just kidding :p)
-Lullaby music
-Can no longer "try for baby"
-Throws up, picture of pacifier and a question mark
-Tombstone of L and D shows "speed up pregnancy"

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> On Thu, 19 May 2005 18:39:45 GMT, "Jeanie" <Nobody@home.com> wrote:
>
>> It works fine with University. I'm using it. Another neat feature
>> is that it has a pregnancy test in it, too, so you can tell if your
>> sim is preggers. That lullaby music doesn't always play, you know.
>> The only downside to the
>
> If the lullaby music doesn't play, it means your sim isn't pregnant.
> I've never experienced a pregnancy without the music.

I have, several times. Most recently today. The medicine cabinet told me
she was pregnant and sure enough, her belly bulged the next day.

> Signs your sim is knocked up:
> -Bulging stomach (ok, just kidding :p)
> -Lullaby music
> -Can no longer "try for baby"
> -Throws up, picture of pacifier and a question mark
> -Tombstone of L and D shows "speed up pregnancy"

I've noticed, since installing University, if I use the testingcheatsenabled
cheat, it stalls my game. Today, I tried the Tombstone of L and D to speed
up the above mentioned pregnancy. She started to moan and groan, the
husband and guests all panicked, then I got the screen that said there were
TWO babies on the way and then the game crashed and terminated. I didn't
try to restart just then as I had someplace to be shortly, but I did defrag
the computer while I was gone, so perhaps things will go better next time.
I hope she still has twins, but someone in here said a few weeks ago that
sometimes the pregnancy changes if you exit without saving and come back. I
had saved the game just before I spawned the tombstone, so we'll see what
happens.

Jeanie