Interferance from sata dual leyer dvd burner(LG) lines on screen

Markusx64

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
when i put a dvd into my computer when it starts spinning i get faint lines on the screen and when the drive slows down it stops?????????????? I spent all my money on my computer so ime stuck with a crt screen untill i buy a lcd one could that be it?

Solution
You have some electrical or magnetic interference. You can try to move the computer further away from the monitor, possibly replace the monitor cable with a higher quality one. You can also try to change the refresh rate, if you are at 75 hz, try 60, if at 60, try 75.
You have some electrical or magnetic interference. You can try to move the computer further away from the monitor, possibly replace the monitor cable with a higher quality one. You can also try to change the refresh rate, if you are at 75 hz, try 60, if at 60, try 75.

Solution

Markusx64

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011

you might be right there its pretty far away from my crt monitor but its not too far from my heater?

Heater would do it, they eat a lot of power, and I'm sure are not too well sheilded. Also watch out for some inwall wiring, if a CRT is placed near power lines in the wall, you will have some issues similar to this. In that case, setting a monitor to 60hz refresh will cure it, it will match the frequency of the wall power. Which is a bit bad because a CRT at 60hz will have some jittery images that your eye will pick up. CRT for a solid image is best to run at 75 or over.

Markusx64

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011

i tried that and nothing happend could it be that my pc case is magnetized its a super cheap case

Markusx64

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011

it only does it when the dvd is spinning fast