digital cable price way to high

Last response: in Home Theatre
August 31, 2005 4:01:57 PM

just the monthly bill without ordering on demand somes to about 100 bucks,
they have great premium channels, wish they had a better deal for all of
them. anybody
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 11:28:07 AM

2 words... Dish Network.... free DVR so you can record 1000 hours of
your favorite stuff... free install, and a few free months of
programming... you just gotta find the promotions...

try http://www.vmcsatellite.com/?aid=198141&subaid=1

good luck
February 3, 2006 8:05:19 PM

Quote:
just the monthly bill without ordering on demand somes to about 100 bucks,
they have great premium channels, wish they had a better deal for all of
them. anybody

Wow thats crazy, and I thought $300 a year for all my programming was getting high with my 4dtv, I hope atleast for that price that the picture quality is not poor like small dish.
Related resources
February 4, 2006 12:02:21 AM

Not sure which company you are talking about, we use Comcast here at home. I agree it is to high, but it saves me more then I spend, by keeping me home. What burns me about them is that they advertise low prices, but that includes little of what you want to see. They like to say 500 channels but fail to tell you that 450 are worthless. Of the remaining 50, 20 are political channels, 20 are sales channels so you are back to 10 less then average channels. Oh, but you can spend $5. for local channels, hey we can get them free in HD no less. Of the 450 channels, you can pay additional to buy one or watch special sporting events.

If you are a customer for over 6 months your price goes up. For being loyal, they won't give you the same price as they do to suck people in. So I guess you cancel and go to dish for their special, then when it quits, go back to cable for new person rate again. Frankly, I am tired of these companies taking advantage of us.

Just my 2 cents
February 4, 2006 1:41:50 AM

I have a big dish 10' best picture and sound quality one can get, and the prices and a la carte options are great, I will never use any small dishes again because of the high prices and crappy picture quality, I had all the small dishes bell, star choice, dtv and dish I liked star choice best though I dumped it and only use the big dish it's cheaper and the number of free feeds I get are really a bonus :)

I never used cable, though I am in Canada and the cable around my area is bad, in the city it look good though but still cost is way to high.

I get over 30 Starz/Encore channels on my 4dtv for $110usd for the whole year, I love it :)
!