Programs in Windows XP - Font problems

Recently I made & unintentional mistake by deleting certain fonts from my CPU.
Now, my programs loaded to windows XP, i.e., PhotoImpact, my FTP, etc. menu bar fonts have changed. They are either to small to read, or to large. I tried to remedy the problem by copying the windows font folder from another CPU to mine. I installed all the original fonts back to the windows font folder. I am still having the same display problem????